Sociality of the Neotropical Small Carpenter Bees
– Abstract The origin of eusociality from solitary antecedents is one of the major transitions in evolution. Studies on highly eusocial insects such as ants and honeybees (i.e., those with obligate sterile and reproductive castes) offer limited insights to understanding this transition because all females are phenotypically differentiated into castes with no reversion to solitary life. Conversely, totipotent, flexible species capable of both solitary and social reproduction offer the comparative material to evaluate the relative roles of intrinsic genetic underpinnings versus extrinsic ecological conditions facilitating or impeding cooperative living….
Creation and Maintenance of the Business Culture at Lincoln Electric
– In order to gain an understanding of the Business culture at Lincoln Electric, I will create a model describing how the culture was created and continues to be maintained. I will attempt to show also that Lincoln has a strong culture which affects the way the employees think and behave. There are several factors are involved in the creation of their Business culture: Founder’s Value (Carpenter, Erdogan, & Taylor, 2009) is the first factor and is exemplified through the philosophy of James Lincoln…. ;
Proper Maintenance of Garden Sheds
– Sheds are very useful for storage. The most common shed in domestic use are garden sheds. They are not only useful, but having a garden shed is an added attraction to your lawn as well. Having a shed does not end there; it requires proper building and maintenance. It is important that you keep the garden shed from prolonged sun and water exposure. Keeping it clean is also an assurance that it will be of use for a long time. The most common type of garden shed is wooden sheds because they match right to a garden environment…. ;
Preventive Maintenance Program Proposal
– This report analyzes a need for an inclusive monthly preventive maintenance program at State University’s Alumni House (SUAH). The purpose of this report is to provide Mr. Rob Geis, Alumni House Manager, with the information necessary to begin an inclusive monthly preventive maintenance program and to help process and solve unanticipated problems, while reducing high maintenance costs. The purpose of the preventive maintenance program (PMP) is to reduce structural damages, reduce monthly utility costs, and reduce potential problems, while educating employees about potential hazards, providing employees with a sense of environmental security, and increasing the physical appearance of the SUAH… ;
Software Maintenance And Change Control In An Organization
– Software Maintenance and Change Control in an Organization Abstract The research done for this paper represents an attempt to describe the type and distribution of activities within software maintenance and change control. Software maintenance activities span a system’s productive life and consume a major portion of the total life cycle costs of a system. However, what is actually done to systems in maintenance is sometimes a mystery to many organizations. Thus, software maintenance remains an activity that is difficult and expensive to manage….