pipes and cigars
– Pipes and Cigars The 1991 edition of The World Book Encyclopedia defines a cigar exactly as follows “Cigar is a tight roll of dried tobacco used for smoking. Cigars range in size from short, slim cigarillos to long, slender panetelas and large, fat coronas. The majority of cigars are made by machines, but the more expensive ones are hand-rolled. Most cigars consist of three parts and three types of tobaccos. Folded filler tobacco leaves make up most of the body of a cigar. The filler is held together and surrounded by a binder leaf….
Drain Pipes Shape Investigation
– Drain Pipes Shape Investigation Introduction A builder has a sheet of plastic measuring 2m by 50cm, which he uses to make drains. The semi-circle is the best shape for a drain. Prove this. I will prove this by comparing its volume to that of other shapes. On older houses there are semi-circular drains but on newer houses there is fancier ones like pentagon shapes. Is this because they are better or is it simply for design. To find the volume of a 3D object I have to find the area of a cross section and then multiply that by the length of the object….
The Ozone Layer
– Over the years scientists have discovered the main function of the ozone layer. They have found that the ozone layer naturally shields the Earth from ultraviolet radiation that in large amounts can be harmful. When organisms are exposed to large amounts of ultraviolet radiation, the exposure can lead to DNA mutations that can cause damage to the organism and even skin cancer in humans (NOAA News). Even though the stratospheric ozone absorbs most forms of ultraviolet radiation, about half of UV-a radiation can get through, and this radiation is the type that causes sunburn, skin cancer, and eye damage (Ozone Watch)….
Ozone Layer Depletion
– Ozone Layer Depletion Ozone is a natural trace component of the atmosphere. It is created continuously through the action of sunlight and oxygen in the upper atmosphere. At the same time this destroyed by various reactions with other components in the air. The next result of these natural processes is the so-called ozone layer in the stratosphere at altitudes between 15 and 50 kilometers in which the concentration of the ozone is raised. Ozone is a colorless gas, a form of oxygen. However, an ordinary molecule of oxygen contains two atoms….
The Atmosphere and The Ozone Layer
– … Scientists are figuring out ways to help keep the air clean and people and the environment healthy. (1) There are many different layers in the atmosphere, five actually. The layer closest to the earth’s surface is the troposphere. The troposphere is again the very first layer on the atmosphere and is about half of it. The most important thing about the troposphere is that weather occurs there. The troposphere is below the stratosphere. The second layer is the stratosphere. The stratosphere is the layer where airplane flies in because it is stable….