The Importance of Buying American Made Products
– It is a good practice to buy American made goods if possible. Because the American public no longer thinks before they buy an item, we are losing out manufacturing base every day that passes on the calendar. Every day you watch the news there are stories about how bad the economy is and getting worse with each tick of the clock. In the recent history, United States of America was the leading exporter of goods but now we run a trade deficit each year. John Carpenter in the article “Why You Should Buy American Made Products,” at the website http://ezinearticles.com has made the point that the American public has to take a share of the blame because they have lost their patriotism and pride….
The Articles of Confederation
– A few hundred years ago, the United States first Constitution, the Articles of Confederation, was created. This Constitution created a weak central government in order to give the people the rights that they deserve. This plan of government, however, proved to be too weak and it could not control the people or pay the debts that the country had acquired from the Revolutionary War. One of the many problems of the Articles of Confederation was that it had no power to collect taxes(wikipedia.org)….
Explain How Far Nelsons Fits into the Overall Development of Northern Textile Towns?
– … Source C illustrates a very positive correlation between the population and the number of looms. As the number of looms increased, the population increased. From this, I can extrapolate that the looms were attracting more and more people to come to Nelson in search to find work. As people did find work they settled in the area to feed their families and the word spread. Source L signifies that there was no age limit for people to start working. Usually a “family works together…father, mother, sons and daughters”….
The Articles of Confederation and the US Constitution
– After the Revolutionary War, the newly formed United States still had a major task ahead of them. They had to form a new government that would satisfy the demands of the people and ensure the success of their nation. The Articles of Confederation was the first system of government that was proposed and put into effect. This attempt at creating a system that protected the people form a strong central government ultimately failed but was an important step in the development of the current government system….
Textile Mills: Their Innovation and Impact on Society
– When our group found out that this year’s History Day topic was “impact and innovation” we had an epiphany to exemplify what impacted people’s lives the most, so we concluded to do our on project on the innovation in the textile industry and impact of the textile mills. The textile mills provided people with a cheap source of cloth that had an impact on every person’s lives during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. In order to get our information on the innovation and impact of the textile mills, as a group we gathered information from various places and did extensive research on our topic….