Pursuing and International Career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
– I am Chandan Kumar Gupta from Kathmandu, Nepal, presently employed with Tata Motors Ltd. as Manager in Purchase and Supply Chain department for past four years. I appreciate this opportunity to introduce myself to the admission committee and to apply for Management Engineering Laurea Magistrale at esteemed Politecnico di Milano. I believe my educational and professional background will enable me to make a strong contribution for the research and coursework carried out for the Master’s degree. This academic objective is a natural step towards my ultimate professional ambition of pursuing international career in logistics and supply chain management….
The Transportation Industry
– The logistics/transportation industry accounts for a approximately 9% of the United States Gross Domestic Product (GDP) amounting to roughly $930 billion dollars of revenue. (IRS) This unique industry continues to grow at a estimated levels with each year. History: In 1769 a French engineer by the name of Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot, introduced what became know as the first steam powered automobile. His invention resembled that of a tricycle although not the average size of a tricycle it was strangely oversized….
Transportation and How it Affects Logistics
– Transportation is one of the largest industries in the world. It is the most costly and time consuming of the supply chain. Transportation refers to the movement of products and raw materials from one destination to another. This process begins from the supply chain to the shipping of the finished product to the consumer. For we know that products are rarely produced in the same location. We as people depend on transportation because it moves goods and people from one place to another. Transportation is a key element in the logistic chain….
Overview of the Career of an Engineer
– Someday in life everyone has to get a job either related to their career or to make their living. Most of the people who get job is related to one’s career. One of the booming career these days in engineering, and among them aerospace engineering is one of the highly paid career and really interesting to work in. In the career of aerospace engineering, engineers usually have to work really hard. In this field, one mostly work on building or designing aircrafts based on the requirement. To be a successful aerospace engineer one needs to gain a lot of education and should be able to work in any environment….
Overview of Modes of Transportation in Logistics
– Overview of Modes of Transportation in Logistics Transportation modes are considered to be an essential component of the transport systems since they are the primary means of all mobility support (Barter and Raad 2000). There are several opinions that logistics can function with or without modes of transportation, but there is always a logistical failure if one of the modes are not present. Transportation plays a vital part in history today, and provides a road towards longevity of logistics in the future….