Implementing Safe Design in Construction
– Introduction In the United States, construction has always been one of the most dangerous industries to work in. The number of fatalities that occur in this industry year after year demonstrate this. In 2014, 19.6% of worker fatalities, in private industry, were in construction (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2015) despite the industry comprising only 6.8% of the total work force. This epidemic is not unique to the United States. Essentially every country faces similar problems regarding construction safety….
Driving at 16 is a Rite but Not a Safe Passage
– … This is especially true of males. (1) Each year, more than 5000 teenagers die in motor vehicle accidents. The rate of motor vehicle accidents, both nonfatal and fatal for 16 year olds is almost 10 times higher then drivers 30 to 59 according to the National Highway Safety Administration.(3) The risk of a car crash at 16 is higher than any other age. A 16 year old is three times more likely to die in a fatal crash than someone 20 years old. In 2010, males were two times more likely to die in a motor vehicle accident than females….
USAID Safe Mothers Program in Indonesia
– SIAGA Campaigns Within Indonesia The US Agency for International Development also known as USAID implemented a campaign in 1998 into Indonesia in order to promote a 5-year safe motherhood program. This campaign involved the participation of not only USAID but the Indonesian government, the National Family Planning Coordinating Board, and several NGO’s. The campaign was labeled as the ‘Maternal and Neonatal Health Program (MNH)’. This program involved multiple campaigns including Warga SIAGA (Alert Citizen), Suami SIAGA (Alert Husband), Bidan SIAGA (Alert Midwife), and Desa SIAGA (Alert Village) to ensure that women live through pregnancy and childbirth to raise their children….
Automotive Body Repairer
– Automotive Body Repairer Auto body repairers Are highly skilled craftspeople who repair damaged automobile and truck bodies, restores body metal to the original contours, and replaces non-repairable body parts. I chose automotive body repairer for my report because I like to deal with cars and I enjoy performing hands-on activities. I like the hands-on and mechanical operation of this career. Automotive body repairer is in the Industrial and Engineering Iowa pathway. The National Employment and Outlook of this career is currently stable….
Safe and Effective Pharmaceuticals
– 8. Quality, safety and efficacy of drugs Safety and efficacy of pharmaceuticals are two fundamental issues of importance in drug therapy. The safety of a drug is determined by its pharmacological and toxicological profile as well as the adverse effects caused by the impurities in bulk and dosage forms. The impurities in drugs often possess unwanted pharmacological or toxicological effects by which any benefit from their administration may be outweighed (Nageswara at el., 2003). Therefore, it is quite obvious that the products intended for human consumption must be characterized as completely as possible….