Is it Ethical to Raise Livestock in a Factory Farm?
– When we mention about farm, most of us have this image of a vast green pasture where farmers spend most of their time herding livestock but that idyllic picture is just a thing from the past. Since the 1930s in America, small farms started to wither away, made way to bigger and highly mechanized factory farms. It all traced back to McDonalds and the booming of fast food restaurants (Food, Inc 2008). Fast food restaurants had become successful because they could produce tasty food with cheaper cost….
pasture management of Yan Yean Farm
– Introduction Natural and sown grasslands provide forage for livestock and equine populations worldwide. A well-managed pasture provides adequate nutrition, whilst improving the fertility of the soil and decreasing degradation of soil (Kemp & Michalk 1994). Horses that graze on optimally managed pasture will obtain improved health and sustain a good condition, compared to horses grazing on poorly managed pasture (Undersander & Antoniewicz 1997, p.1). Understanding the processes involved in good pasture management will benefit the farmers during preparation and care or their pastures, whilst being cost-effective, with little money misused on unnecessary equipment or control measures….
Description of Business Manager Credentials
– What makes a great manager. “Despite differences in their personal attributes, successful managers all excel in making, honoring, and remaking of commitments” (Sull, 2005). Commitments take many forms from capital investments to personal decisions to public statements. A mangers commitment defines what a business can and cannot do as well as the businesse’s strengths and weaknesses (Sull, 2005). However, while all good managers should be able to make, honor, and remake commitments the type of certifications, degrees, license, and experience the person will need in order to successfully do these things will depend on what type of business the manager is running (large, small, selling products…
The United States Livestock Industry
– The United States’ livestock industry is one of the largest components of U.S. agriculture. However, its massive size did not happen quickly. Livestock producers kept revolutionizing their methods to produce meat by making it more economical for the consumer. This allowed for them to hold a larger share in the agriculture market thus making them a large component. Although their revolutionary methods were beneficial for the consumer, they were negative for the livestock. The livestock were subjected to unnatural environments and raising techniques such as growth hormones, harsh environments, and unhealthy feed….
Genetic Engineering for Livestock Producers
– … The second stage requires the DNA material from the oocytes impeded at metaphase II to be removed (Davies et al, 2003). This is done by placing the oocyte in a maturation medium for 18 hours, this prompts the cytoplasm to relax allowing for the removal of 5 -15% of the egg cytoplasm (Davis et al, 2003) which contains the maternal DNA. The third step is the insertion of the nucleus of the somatic cell collected into an egg cytoplasm, producing a one-cell embryo. This is preformed by electrical-induced fusion of the somatic cell to an egg cytoplasm (Davies et al, 2003)….