Career Field Analysis: Diesel Mechanic
– Ever since I could go with my dad in the tractors and equipment on the ranch, I knew I wanted to be a part of its operation. I have always been fascinated with the operations of diesel engine and much of a valuable asset they are to our world today. I helped out on the ranch whenever I could driving equipment. In the summer time it was my job to operate the swather. I really enjoyed operating it as much as I enjoyed fixing it when it broke down. When it came time to go to college the decision for a major was pretty clear….
The Shadetree Mechanics vs Professional Repair
– There was once a time when people would get up on a Saturday morning, go into the garage, and tinker with their car, everything from a basic oil change and a tune up, to replacing the cylinder heads, and everything in between. It was a rite of passage for young boys to follow dad into the garage and have some good quality father/ son time, or it was a few friends getting together for an afternoon of friendship and camaraderie. It was a simpler time and a simpler car. Today, times have changed. Modern cars are now so complex that a person needs specialized training and tools to do the repairs; however, the “Shadetree Mechanic” is not extinct yet….
Physics of Lift
– Lift is a commonly used term to describe “something” that results in objects moving upwards against the force caused by gravity. This “something” is actually a force in itself. Lift is one of the four main forces that act upon all objects that move through the air. These four forces are: # Lift – an upward force on the object # Weight – a downward force due to the acceleration of gravity # Thrust – a forward force (propulsion) # Drag – a force caused by resistance that acts in the opposite direction of thrust Lift is a simple concept to grasp, yet the reason it exists is a complex one….
Lift and the Physics of Flight
– Since the beginning of recorded history, humans have always had a fascination with flight. Now that we live in a world where boarding an airplane and flying across the country – or even the world – is simply a part of everyday life, the wonder of flight has diminished for many. Despite this, physics students from all around continue to delight in the many physical forces that play a part in keeping these huge objects (like jumbo jets) from falling out of the sky. The common explanation given to those curious about how an airplane wing produces lift uses the Bernoulli Principle….
Being an Industrial Machinery Mechanic
– Anybody and everybody can become an industrial machinery mechanic; especially, those who are passionate about getting their hands plastered in motor oil, grease, and other mechanical lubricants. These people will more than likely be ecstatic about getting into industrial machinery mechanics. They need to be able to put in one hundred ten percent of their effort into becoming an industrial machinery mechanic. An industrial machinery mechanic’s overall objective on the job is to stop a mechanical error before it happens….