Railway Level Crossing
– A level crossing is the point at which the railway crosses over either a public or private road on the same level. There are many different types of level crossings including road level crossings for vehicles, and pedestrian level crossings for people. All crossings have a form of protection, and the users has a responsibility to contribute to the safety of a level crossing. The users should aware the dangerous may occurs at level crossing area. Users are respondsible to keep themselve or others safe during use a level crossing area….
School Crossing Guard Safety
– Introduction Within the public safety field, adult school crossing guards are among the least acknowledged and recognized of all. They are constantly battling harsh weather conditions and the all-too-common road rage from daily commuters while tending for our children’s safety. Unfortunately, these school zone guardians are at constant risk from the many inherent hazards of their job. Among those are the harsh weather conditions they encounter without shelter, the oncoming traffic they signal to stop, and the ever-increasing violence of daily commuters….
Repetition, Diction, and Simile in Cormac McCarthy’s The Crossing
– Repetition, Diction, and Simile in Cormac McCarthy’s The Crossing In Cormac McCarthy’s novel The Crossing, there is a dramatic sequence described by the narrator. The author uses many different techniques to convey the impact of the experience on the narrator. Some of these such techniques are: repetition, diction, and simile. Of the aforementioned techniques, the most obvious is repetition. The author uses the word “and” a total of thirty-three times. However, the simple usage of the word is not what is to be noticed. It is the placement of the word that is interesting. In sentences in which there is mention of the wolf, the word “and” is used twen…
Trans-nationalism and Border Crossing
– From the time of childhood, the world becomes full of imaginary lines. From property borders to adult spaces, people quickly learn that certain spaces denote special uses. This extends to the idea of nationalism in which people who exist in certain spaces are loyal to that space and believe they possess qualities unique from people in other spaces. Nationalism is especially important in post-partition India in which citizens attempted to draw cultural lines between themselves and the West. This can be seen in Amitav Ghosh’s The Shadow Lines in which the Grandma represents cultural nationalism which conflicts with Tridib’s representation of border crossing….
The Problem of Illegal Immigration
– Illegal immigration is a violation of the immigration laws of the country by illegally crossing the national borders (Taylor, 2007). Migrants should move to another country according to official rules and others, who cannot follow laws, do it illegally. Some people prefer to call them “undocumented immigrant” instead of “illegal immigrant”, but, essence remains the same. Like any social phenomenon, illegal immigration is not taken out of nowhere. Continuous influx of illegal immigrants has its causes which affect different mechanisms of particular society….