Core Competency: Personal and Professional Growth
– … Some organization (libraries) managers require that you complete a certain amount of training hours that will be geared around your responsibilities to the profession. One training that stands out, especially if you plan on working for a law library or law firm that deals with other countries is the International Association of Law Libraries (IALL). Joseph Semugabi (2013) gave a testament of how he obtained a bursary to attend the IALL conference and described in detail what he gained from the conference that help flourish his role as a law librarian….
The Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues of a Patient Being Hoisted in Chronic Pain
– This assignment will explore a case study on an episode of care where a patient with chronic pain was hoisted. This will be written from the perspective of the author, a student nurse. The purpose of this assignment is to underline the ethical, legal and professional issues surrounding the episode of care during nursing practice and how these issues influence the role of the nurse and their professional judgement in delivering holistic, person-centred care for the patient. The author will cover the complications on delivering care when healthcare professionals should consider and respect the patient’s decisions and personal preferences whether it may benefit the patient or not….
My Nursing Journey: Continuing Professional Development
– Nursing has been viewed as both a science and an art (Price et al., 2007, p. 155). A logical progression of ideas and theories as well as evidence-based research supports the varied interventions and rationales that the nurse must effectively use to provide safe care (McCrae, 2011). Human touch, compassion, creativity and moral values characterise the artistic nature of the nursing profession, which can promote personal satisfaction and growth (Finfgeld-Connett, 2008, p. 383). However, similar to any other line of work, nursing is not without its dangers as seen by examples of errors and negligence (Tingle & McHale, 2009; Young, 2009)….
Professional Legal Ethical and Social Issues
– … Fig 1. Flowchart of legal issues source: JISClegal information ETHICAL ISSUES: Ethics defined as moral principles that govern a person’s behaviour or the conducting of an activity (Oxford 2014). Ethical issues are considered to be morally good practices that should be followed and professional bodies involved. The issues like freedom of information, privacy, copyright legislations, legality of software and social media misuse are all within the use of IT. Ethics is not just about what is right and what is wrong (Garret & Lewis, 2008).it also includes moral systems and principles and stakeholder analysis….
Professional Sports Industry: Examining the Popularity of NFL Franchise Indianapolis Colts, as Well as Other Sports Franchises
– Professional sports comprise of an enormous and complex industry. Subdivided into their respective sports and leagues, individual franchises act as independent businesses. The collective goal of these businesses is to provide a product that consumers will seek to purchase. In the case of a football team, for example, the Indianapolis Colts represent a business, and football is the product that they sell. Not all football, however, is so eagerly consumed. The Arena Football League recently disbanded after 21 years of selling its brand of football….