Self as a Supervisor
– I would like to start this self-evaluation by first giving a simple definition of supervision. I found two definitions that I feel describe supervision in a way that helps me to keep some important goals in mind. First, according to Brashears (1995) supervision is an opportunity for the supervisor to use this unique relationship as a process to enable other social workers to practice to the best of their abilities. The second definition I found was from Tsui (2005). which states that supervision is used to ensure clients receive maximum services, limit inappropriate staff responses to clients, enables workers to deliver more effective care, address concerns, receive feedback, maintain standa…
How to be a Great Supervisor
– … Morals in business have been shown to increase employee satisfaction with the company, reduce turnover rates of employees, and therefore increase productivity. The sad reality about most supervisors nowadays is that they think that because they are above the lower ranking employees that they should not have to do any menial tasks that are below their station in the company and that such jobs should be done by their subordinates. This type of leadership is flawed in that it makes the employees feel less appreciated in what they do and easier to replace….
What Makes A Good Supervisor?
– A good supervisor will inspire, challenge, and motivate their employees. In addition, a supervisor has the ability to stay focused and is able see the big picture. However, one could possibly argue that the best quality that a good supervisor must possess is the skill to recognize the potential in others. Nevertheless, the most important skill a supervisor must possess is the ability to help those around realize their own potential. But is that all there is to a good supervisor. Or is there more….
A Day At The Laundry
– As I carefully unloaded my bags from the car, I quickly overlooked the crowd of people that were already there before me. Noticing that it was not too busy a smile crawled its way onto my face. With the aide of one of the many utility carts, I placed my bags into them along with my supplies and proceeded into the laundry mat. Yes, it’s that day that we all hate to face, laundry day. Having presorted my dirty clothes at home into their different categories, whites, colored, delicates, etc., I placed each of the presorted bags besides a washing machine that would accommodate each bag based on the load size….
Migrant Workers in the U.S.
– During the 20th century, there was an urgent need for migrant workers in Florida due to several factors. Many migrant workers, my family, and myself included saw better ways of life in Florida. The term migrant worker is used to refer to individuals who enter The United States or another country legally or illegally as temporary or seasonal workers, typically in agriculture such as pineapple farmers, or in semi-skilled or unskilled industries such as hotel maids or waiters. My name is John O….