The Migrant Worker?s Abuse in Lebanon
– The migrant workers’ abuse in Lebanon has attracted the international press due to its enormous rate and presence. Indeed, domestic maids coming from Ethiopia, Sri Lanka and the Philippines are subject to different sorts of abuses. They can range from simple verbal abuse to rape or even murder. This harsh treatment has led to the new expression “Modern Slavery”, in which the Lebanese society is considered extremely cruel, depriving maids from the basic human rights in the name of rightful injustice and logical inequality….
Worker Health and Safety in Bangladesh
– Workers Health and Safety Not only do the United States Companies have obligations to workers who produce apparel they market. More importantly, these Americans businesses have authority to correct unlawful violations. In addition, customers rely on merchants’ good will and standing when evaluating the makers of their products. For example, according to Sherman (2013), those global clothing buyers, mainly the United States companies, have a job to execute guaranteeing security of Bangladesh’s apparel workers”….
A Day At The Laundry
– As I carefully unloaded my bags from the car, I quickly overlooked the crowd of people that were already there before me. Noticing that it was not too busy a smile crawled its way onto my face. With the aide of one of the many utility carts, I placed my bags into them along with my supplies and proceeded into the laundry mat. Yes, it’s that day that we all hate to face, laundry day. Having presorted my dirty clothes at home into their different categories, whites, colored, delicates, etc., I placed each of the presorted bags besides a washing machine that would accommodate each bag based on the load size….
My Experiences as a Medical Social Worker
– Within the past week, I was able to meet a patient that had been through a very difficult life. He was admitted into the hospital almost one month ago because he had a stroke. He was a carnival worker and was only planning to be in Lexington for a temporary amount of time until the carnival left. When he was admitted into Saint Joseph Hospital, there were no indications that he had family and/or friends that should be contacted. At first, he was unable to talk, and his mobility was extremely limited….
What Does The Social Worker Do?
– Social Workers play a very important role in the society. Social Workers are the first to reach out to the client when a problem occurs. They provide clients with hope and encourage them to have a better life. Social workers must make the role of their work clear when they are approached by a client. Their job is to assist the client to know why they need help and where they can get it. Social Workers also unite clients with services, resources and opportunities, which provide them with the help they need….