A Brief History of the American Kennel Club
– … The men that Taylor and Smith gathered each had held a significant place in different dog clubs. These men were highly skilled in their individual styles of dog shows and it was on this expertise that the American Kennel Club was born. Being composed of men from all different types of kennel clubs and shows, this was the first kennel club to cover a whole variety of breeds instead of one specific class. At their second meeting in Madison Square Garden a few months later Major James M. Taylor became the AKC’s first president, having written and delivered many of the founding laws the AKC still follow today….
Self as a Supervisor
– I would like to start this self-evaluation by first giving a simple definition of supervision. I found two definitions that I feel describe supervision in a way that helps me to keep some important goals in mind. First, according to Brashears (1995) supervision is an opportunity for the supervisor to use this unique relationship as a process to enable other social workers to practice to the best of their abilities. The second definition I found was from Tsui (2005). which states that supervision is used to ensure clients receive maximum services, limit inappropriate staff responses to clients, enables workers to deliver more effective care, address concerns, receive feedback, maintain standa…
How to be a Great Supervisor
– … Morals in business have been shown to increase employee satisfaction with the company, reduce turnover rates of employees, and therefore increase productivity. The sad reality about most supervisors nowadays is that they think that because they are above the lower ranking employees that they should not have to do any menial tasks that are below their station in the company and that such jobs should be done by their subordinates. This type of leadership is flawed in that it makes the employees feel less appreciated in what they do and easier to replace….
The Importance of a Good Supervisor
– Nurturing a child is comparable to supervising employees. They are both two of the most crucial roles any one can perform, however only a small number of people are satisfactorily taught or qualified to do them. For the most part people learn by trying different alternatives with varying amounts of achievement. This paper will describe the role of a supervisor in a typical organization, covering three traits of an effective manager and how these traits fit the four functions of management. This paper will also examine the relationship between managers, supervisors, and employees, and how these relationships assist in guiding organizations to achieve their maximum potential….
How to Become an Optimal Supervisor
– … I particularly like that these stages are seen as cyclical rather than linear as the supervisee developments new skills or concerns they may go through these stages again. I believe that using a developmental approach that is cyclical would allow supervisors to better assess the supervisee’s skills and determine if their skills are appropriate for their level of training. Using a developmental model is also important because research has found that supervisee’s want different things from supervision based on where they are in their professional development….