The Benefits of Juvenile Sentencing to Service
– Sentencing to Service (STS) is a sentencing option available to most Courts where a convicted offender “works off” his/her fine by performing a specified number of hours of public service work under the supervision of a work crew leader employed by the state or a local corrections agency. Courts may also sentence offenders to STS rather than jail or workhouse time. STS was established in 1986 by the Minnesota Department of Corrections along with several County Sheriff’s Departments, community corrections, Courts and local governments….
Identifying Factors that Lead to High Recidivism Rates Among Juvenile Delinquents
– The purpose of this research paper is to identify factors that lead to high recidivism rates among juvenile delinquents. The factors found were divided up into two separate categories; Dynamic and Static. This paper also looks into the foundations and concepts of juvenile probation departments, and their officers, as well as how the juvenile probation departments work to eliminate recidivism factors. Some ways in which this is done is through specific programs geared towards each offender’s specific needs and opportunities that would not normally be available to these troubled youths….
American Juvenile Justice System
– … Those over the age of 14 may waive the right to have parents present. Law enforcement officials must exercise extreme care in this area because it is easy to manipulate a young person with questioning especially while they are nervous. They may be willing to say what they think you want to hear in efforts to get the situation over so that they can return to their comfort zone. During interrogation, young people are eager to please authority figures and are less capable of making rational decisions….
Prisoners and Correctional Officers
– What would prisons be like without correctional officers. Imagine what life would be in prisons around a bunch of inmates, not having any protection from anyone, being around people who you know have killed, or have done other crimes. Correctional officers are not just helpful in prisons but also when transporting inmates from one place to another. With Correctional officers now in days they are a big help for our society. Without them we would not have any security when being in prison. Correctional officers are people just like us, they have families and other things just like anyone else would….
Juvenile Correctional System Success
– Juvenile detention facilities are designed to deter inmates from committing crimes again, which is not unlike the goal of adult correctional facilities. New approaches to achieving this goal are being implemented, but the rate of re-arrest is still alarmingly high. It is widely-thought that parents are to blame for their children’s criminal behavior, but there comes a time when the children begin disregarding what their parents are telling them, eventually landing them behind bars. It then becomes the responsibility of the juvenile detention facility to do everything they can to rehabilitate the child…. ;