– Industrial Engineering What is industrial engineering. The field of industrial engineering has had many definitions given to it. Most of the definitions include all of the same elements stated in slightly different ways. For example the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) defines industrial engineering as the profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to utilize economically, the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind….
The Engineer Extraordinaire
– An engineering career can give options to a college-graduate that are hard to match. Engineering is a rewarding career path that requires hard work, and dedication. The hard work of a prospective engineer can be shown in the benefits he receives upon entering the workforce. For example, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the starting salaries of engineers are among the highest in the nation (“Engineers”, 2012, para. 4). Good things come to those who work hard. Mechanical Engineering Information.com would agree in mentioning that because engineering is so applicable to everyday situations, engineers can find work almost anywhere (“Mechanical Engineering salary”, 2012)….
The Audio Engineer as an Industry Professional
– The Audio Engineer as an Industry Professional As soon as the beats of our favourite songs or musics pierces our ears, feet tap as fingers mingle. Music is what fascinates one and all, but is anyone bothered about who in which are behind this fascination and happiness. Is it the musician, singer or the album producer. Yes, they all have their part to play but it is the audio engineers who help even singers or musicians in the 21st century to realise their dream. These audio engineers are people that have brought about the dramatic changes to the face of music….
Statement of Purpose as Petroleum Engineer
– … The courses that I credited during my sophomore and junior years were a rich blend of science and practical engineering all reflecting a balance between its application and theory. It extended from Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Measurements, Advanced Control Systems, Digital Control Systems to core Instrumentation subjects like Industrial Process Control , Advanced Instrumentation (Elective-I) and Nuclear Instrumentation (Elective-II). The knowledge I gained from the courses was substantiated by undertaking several lab sessions during the program….
My Road to Becoming an Engineer
– “If I can can, you can can”. This was the last sentence of an inspirational TED talk by a stand-up comedian about how she tackled the obstacles in her life with humour and grace and refusal to give up. Similar was my expression when I visited a science exhibition organized at my school where stupendous projects were presented by the students. That was when I decided I would be an engineer. As I began to pursue this newfound interest, I soon realized that there’s engineering to show off, and then there’s the engineering that runs in the background….