2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake
– The 9.0 magnitude Indian Ocean earthquake was caused by subduction under the Indian Ocean. Earthquakes are usually caused by convection currents leading to subduction/convergent currents. Convection currents is caused by magma rising from the deepest part of the earth, then slowly cooling, sinking again then re-heating, then rising upwards basically repeating the rising and cooling then re-heating cycle over and over again. The plates are separated from each other and they move apart, the plates then obviously hit another plate right next to it causing subduction….
The Paleo-Indian Tradition
– … These Indians were very knowledgeable about the trees and plant life in their area. They used the abundant wildlife as part of their daily diet as well as using them for medicinal purposes (some of which are still being used today.) 4. Describe at least three specific references to the main components of traditional religious and ceremonial life. Make sure to read all of the paragraphs in the electronic resources; you will have to open a new page on the website to read about the role of tobacco….
Memories of My Indian Family
– POP. As my ears adjust to the change in pressure while the plane lands on the dimly lit runway, family memories from years ago run through my head. Aunts in the kitchen mixing spices together; uncles coming home from their jobs; cousins who entertained me for many hours; and the hilarious memories that are created when my family gets together. While I walk, out of the Indira Gandhi International airport, into the humid climate of India, family members that came to pick us up crowd around me, and I feel content….
– Today, India is the second most populous country in the world. The culture of India is also among the oldest to survive, reaching back to nearly 5,000 years. India received their inde-pendence from Britain on August 15th, 1947, thus allowing them to become the most populous democracy in the world. There are many aspects as to what makes India unique, one principle in particular is their food. Indian cooking is vivid, exquisite, and simply delicious. It depends on a wide variety of spices, herbs, and grains for its specific taste….
Indian Dowry: Marriage, Fire and Death
– Statement Bride burning is becoming popular in parts of India and could be considered a ritual amongst the culture. I will discuss bride burning as a ritual and bring to light the meaning of dowry in India as well as the marriage process. Research focus Although dowry has been the cultural norm in India, recently, it has become a violent act. Bride burning is now seen as a ritual and is becoming more and more popular amongst the culture. My goal is to inform the public about Indian expectations in marriage. 1….