The Life and Work of a Computer Programmer
– The purpose of a computer programmer is to design and develop applications to perform the needs of a consumer. This occupation is essential to modern day life due to all of the computers that are in use today. Computer programming is a fulfilling career goal because of the ability to be on the cutting edge of technology, design software for computers, and have a wide range of benefits. Computer programming consists of many duties. Duties of a computer programmer include but are not limited to: debugging programs, converting project specifications and procedures to a logical visual map, repairing existing programs, writing documentation about current programs, and many more (Farr 187)….
Developing Web Applications
– … In the light weight code editing widgets we find code editors without syntactic or semantic services (processingjs.org, 2010), or with just minimal regular expression based syntax highlighting (CodeMirror, 2012). These tools can be useful for coding small programs, and in the form of widgets they provide ample opportunity for mashups. As an example, WeScheme (D Yoo, E Schanzer, S Krishnamurthi, K Fisler, 2011) is an educational programming environment, embedding CodeMirror (CodeMirror, 2012) for syntax highlighting and bracket matching….
IBM’s Programmer Friendly Software, Mote Runner
– To make wireless sensor networks easier to program and exploit, IBM has created a new software development kit — called Mote Runner — which provides an open and programmer-friendly platform to connect sensor and actuator motes within a wireless sensor network (WSN). Motes — also known as wireless sensor nodes — gather sensory information, such as temperature, movement, or light, and communicate that data across a network of wireless sensors. Separately, IBM also announced today that MEMSIC Inc, a leading micro electromechanical systems and sensor solution provider, will offer Mote Runner on IRIS, one of its most popular sensors…. ;
Statement of Purpose for a Masters’ Degree in Computer Science
– … I became aware of the different software development methodologies and the various stages in developing a software. My course curriculum has also made me cognizant of software testing techniques and the vast research opportunities in the field of verification. Moore’s law has given us huge computing power at our grasp. However, software developers have still not been able to leverage it and face the issue of having to do many mundane tasks by hand. I am primarily interested in exploring the field of software synthesis as a way of not only improving programmer efficiency and software quality but also providing correctness of programs….
Statement of Purpose for a Career in Computational Finance
– … I was excited that this field of study had its basis in applied mathematics, computer science, statistics, and economic theory, all of which I rather enjoyed. I understood how analytical and logical models worked together to solve financial problems. I had extensively employed logic and analytics in my study of engineering, and therefore quantitative finance became an obvious extension of my study goals that combined my interest in finance with my education as an engineer. Unfortunately, courses and degrees in quantitative finance and its applications were not offered at my undergraduate institution in India .However in order to further explore the nitty-gritty’s of quantitative finance,…