Contingency Plans Related to Disaster Recovery
– Lichten, Pg.6 instruments, diagnostic imaging equipment, etc.) and information systems across the hospital.” The one saving grace that is discussed is their use of health information exchange. As Minghella explains; “Our involvement in a Health Information Exchange (HIE) played an important role in helping us recover from this data loss…As a result of that effort, lab tests, diagnostic imaging results and transcribed reports like operative reports, discharge summaries and inpatient progress notes were available for use in re-creating the patient record.” The use of health information exchange clearly proved to be a key factor in their recovery….
Disaster Recovery Planning
– Introduction Disaster Recovery Planning is the critical factor that can prevent headaches or nightmares experienced by an organization in times of disaster. Having a disaster recovery plan marks the difference between organizations that can successfully manage crises with minimal cost, effort and with maximum speed, and those organizations that cannot. By having back-up plans, not only for equipment and network recovery, but also detailed disaster recovery plans that precisely outline what steps each person involved in recovery efforts should undertake, an organization can improve their recovery time and minimize the disrupted time for their normal business functions….
Database Backup and Disaster Recovery for ABC Company
– … A copy-only backup can only be a full backup because it does not change the transaction log, and therefore is outside of the scope of routine backups. According to Microsoft, “A copy-only backup cannot serve as a differential base or differential backup and does not affect the differential base” (n.d.). An online backup is the process of backing up data while the system is active… or online. SQL Server 2012 supports online backups which will be used in the company’s backup plan. Whole, full system backups will be processed daily in the late evenings, when database usage is the lightest….
Disaster Recovery Plan
– … • To ensure that the data and information of the company is handled with care and controlled during the disaster recovery process. • In worse case scenarios, to provide an alternate course of action. Recovery Strategies The following measures should be implemented in Bain & Company to provide a better business continuity and to avoid losses. Bain & Company should have a computing system in place that provides business and organizational records that will guarantee that backup data is improved and in the incident of a disaster, important records and data is still available and the operations of Bain & Company are still running effectively (Thejendra, 2008)….
The Importance of a Disaster Recovery Plan
– … It protects the company’s interests and its financial costs. The methodology of pursuing the risk management includes risk identification that looks forward to the possible harms that the business firms might face and circumstances that would affect the operations of the company. The possible impacts of the identified occurrences are measured in the risk assessment stage to scale the capability of mitigation of the company. The disasters identified are then evaluated according to its priority in the risk prioritization planning….