Finding a house with the Housing Authority
– Copping an application was the easy part. I filled it out and returned it to the receptionist. I asked, “What happens next?” ” You will be placed on a waiting list,” she stated . Fearful of running out of time, I asked in concern, “Well, how long is the waiting list?” “At least twelve months,” she answered without looking up from the monitor. I turned around to leave the building and get into my car. I just sat in the drivers sear with my hands on the steering wheel and I felt a tear run down my face and land in my lap….
The Evolution of Federalism and Housing Policy
– When James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and John Jay drafted the Federalist Papers to persuade the state of New York to ratify the newly drafted United States Constitution, they could never have envisioned the controversy that the political theory of Federalism would generate, and the subsequent evolution of federalism that would follow. The Framers of the Constitution never planned for the federal government to be directly involved with the general welfare of people living within the United States beyond ensuring for a national defense and the creation of a national economy (Wills, 1982)….
Corrections: The Fundamental
– Many different facets compose the makeup of a prison community. One of the main components of the prison culture is the correctional officer. The individuals that are responsible for the security at correctional facilities such as a prison are better known as CO’s or correctional officers. Typically, the higher the security levels of the prison, the lower the ratio of inmates to correctional officers. “State averages of inmates to COs range from about 3.5 to 1 up to 8 to 1 (with national averages of 5.4 to 1 in 2000), but these numbers have to be taken with a grain of salt” (Foster, 2006, p.164)….
Trade-Down Home Exchange Program: My Proposed Solution to Solving the Foreclosure Crisis
– The home foreclosure situation is a daunting problem. As a nation, we need to examine the root of the problem, explore available options, implement new ideas and programs that have the best projected outcome and then review to determine successfulness of the changes. Before becoming an educator, I was a mortgage loan officer. I know, first hand, how stressful purchasing a home can be and the frustrations that hang on financial hardships and refinance loan packages. I welcome this opportunity to voice my concerns and ideas in regards to this foreclosure battle….
Corruption in The Republic of Belarus
– All around the world people suffer in different ways whether it be not having basic needs like clean water and housing, however there are also people suffering from their own government and the people who say they are protecting it. This is the problem in Belarus a country located in Europe and borders Russia, and a population of 9.5 million people. Not only have the belarusian people been subject to corrupted politicians and their lies, but they also have to worry about the people who are supposed to be protecting them….