The Perfect Hostess: Fely Sawit
– In the midst of the nation’s iron heat, Tagaytay’s cool climate makes it the perfect escape. While many only head to the province for a short daytrip, Fely Sawit has made Cavite’s capital her second home. Past the popular tourists haunts and into the forest-like enclave of identical cabin-styled houses, Fely stands in front of the largest one. Noticing the arrival of guests, she announces with a flourish, “Welcome to my humble abode!” Like its host, the house is distinct. Although it shares the same lodge-like appearance as its neighbors, the structure’s high A-frame roof, expansive windows and extensive garden sets it apart….
A Day of Atonement: Jewish Holiday
– A Day of Atonement One of the most important holidays in Judaism is, Yom Kippur, which means “the day of covering” (Molly). It is considered as the holiest holi(day) of the year, the day in which people are the closest to God (Chabad). There are many steps and rituals that are performed before celebrating Yom Kippur, as well as during the holiday. During this day, people are able to repent for their sins, to change the path that they have chosen, as well as the last appeal, before God passes judgment (Rich)….
Description of La Semana Santa Holiday
– La Semana Santa is a holiday celebrated in most Spanish speaking countries but it originated in Spain. It takes place the entire week prior to Easter or, in Spanish, Pascua. They celebrate their Christian traditions and on this very important holiday. During this week, the city is very busy. All of the businesses close their shops for Semana Santa but the bars and restaurants stay open. Every afternoon, floats parade through the city, some carrying a life size Jesus and Virgin Mary for hours. Semana Santa is primarily to celebrate the death of Christ….
Setting Realistic Holiday Expectations
– Everyone has holiday expectations and dreams of the perfect Thanksgiving, a magical Christmas and a prosperous New Year. While these expectations are what most strive for, it is not always how these occasions happen. Setting realistic expectations that leave room for mishaps that may occur will perhaps save you from suffering undue disappointments. There is nothing wrong with planning for a perfect holiday, but when things do not go as planned it can be devastating for some. Couples who are experiencing their first Thanksgiving together is a perfect example….
The Theme of Being a Hostess in Hostess
– The Theme of Being a Hostess in Hostess My best friend was about to turn 18, and because I was her closest friend, I decided to celebrate her birthday at my home. I invited eighty of our high school friends, which was an enormous mistake. I felt like I just became in charge of an oversized kindergarten class. I was amazed at how difficult it was to become a hostess for eighty teenagers who had no idea what manners were. I ran around the house, kicking people out of bedrooms, filling up the drinks and food, and wiping up spills that were everywhere….