Individuality vs. Conformity in High School
– It was the first day of school. I was eager to see most of my friends who I went to middle school with. There was one big thing that struck me; I noticed my friends changed. They started dressed differently, acted differently, changed their hair style, and even started wearing makeup. Since the transition fresh out of middle school and into high school, my friends wanted to look older. The biggest factor that bothered me was how they would conform to look like the sophomores, juniors, and seniors….
The Failure of High Street Retailers
– Based on retail change theories, explain the failure of high street retailers. A Case Study of Comet The recent financial meltdown that started unfolding in 2008 had a massive toll on businesses and impacted economies around the world. Adversities of the economic fallout were felt by a plethora of business sectors. Starting from the financial sector, the contagion then moved to the automobile sector, and later infected a number of downstream industries that owed their business viability to easy access to cheap credit that characterised the pre-crisis macroeconomic environment of the developed world….
High School Students and Volunteering
– … Personal Interview). Jay Dutcher, an Alpena High Senior, tells us that volunteering has taught me a lot, especially that hard work and giving time is more valuable than making money (Dutcher, Jay. Personal Interview). This is true especially because in our community there are many aspects of volunteering that we can do without making money, where we can work hard and show our true character as young adults. People who volunteer show acts of unselfishness everyday and willingness to provide a sense of companionship to make someone feel better, who may just not have it as well as you do….
The Columbine High School Massacre
– The Columbine High School Massacre happened on April 20, 1999. The Shooters were Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, two senior students who wanted to destroy the world they lived in. Their motives: NATURAL SELECTION. KILL all retards, people w/ brain fuck ups, drug adics, people cant figure out to use a fucking lighter. GEEEAWD. people spend millions of dollars on saving the lives of retards, and why. I don’t buy that shit like “oh hes my son though!” so the fuck what, he aint normal, kill him, put him out his misery…. ;
High School Dropout Rate
– High School Dropout Rate Expectations of today’s educational qualifications for high school students are different than it was in the past. It is not uncommon to hear about a student who did not graduate from school. As shown in table 1, 97 students from Stanly County dropped out of school in the 2011- 2012 school year (“Grade 7-13 Dropout Counts and Rates (pdf.62kb)”). Last school year 3.01 percent of North Carolina’s high school students dropped out of school according to the 2011-12 Consolidated Data Report, as a result the total number of students who dropped out of high school in the 2012 year is 13,488…. ;