The Healthcare Environmental Checklist
– The built environment undoubtedly affects the quality and care to the patients and family members. Patients and family members are expecting from a health care organization a well built environment that is suitable and accessible, caring for family, encouraging or beneficial to wellbeing, confidential, considerate, secure and safe. The environment checklist is an assessment tool that will help healthcare organizational designers and health care administrations accumulate information about consumer’s needs, measure satisfaction, and provide facility comparisons for molding the industry’s best practices….
– A healthcare team is made up of many different disciplines. For successful patient outcomes, the teams need to come together, communicate effectively, and be open to new ideas and viewpoints. It is important not only for the nurse to work side-by-side with other nurses, but to collaborate with patients and other professions in the health care system as well. All members of the healthcare team can benefit from the teams different backgrounds and experiences, which results in better care for the patient….
Leadership and Managerial Approaches to Magnet Status
– Introduction Magnet hospitals are named for their potential to attract and retain qualified nurses. Magnet hospitals are facilities that have been certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for promoting positive patient outcomes through best practices in nursing (Upenieks, 2003). The Magnet environment fosters autonomy and professional nursing practice. Research shows that Magnet hospitals have better work environments, a more highly educated nursing workforce, superior nurse-to-patient staffing ratios, and higher nurse satisfaction than non-Magnet hospitals (Aiken, Kelly, & McHugh, 2011)….
Healthcare Institutions and Organizational Dynamics
– Main Discussion Post: The purpose of this week’s discussion is to reflect on our own organizations and describe it organizational structure including location, size, degree of integration, type of care provided, health needs in communities served, availability of providers, and managed care penetration. Next I will identify an element of organizational development from which my organization would benefit. Finally I will describe what actions I would take to implement the organizational element and anticipated results….
Leadership Style in Nursing Management
– Nursing consists of many management and leadership opportunities. However, not every nurse is suitable for a position in which they lead or manage others. There are various styles of leadership, some of which are effective. An institution’s leadership has an impact on the quality of care provided to patients, as well as the attitude and values of the staff. In fact, “effective leadership among nurse managers has been associated with staff nurse job satisfaction and retention” (Azaare & Gross, 2011)….