American History of the Physician Assistant
– One of the fastest growing fields in America is that of the physician assistant profession. Physician assistants are medical professionals who provide diagnostic and preventative health care services under the supervision of doctors. Forbes magazine recently listed physician assistants as the fourth fastest growing profession in the United States. Although the profession is currently getting a wealth of attention, the idea of physician assistants has been around for centuries. More recently due to the shortage of physicians, there has been an increased need for physician assistants….
The Role of the Assistant Practitioner
– … As they were often expected to work as an HCA for one shift then step up to the role of AP the next. There was conflict with RN’s over roles that had historically been their responsibility and that they felt were inappropriate the AP. Such as catheterisation; IV cannulation; wound care and handover at shift changes. In Spilsbury et al. (2010) findings, this led to some RN’s to voice concerns that the situation was taking a step backwards to the old two tier level of nursing with State Enrolled Nurses….
Physical Therapist Assistant
– Have you ever bent down to pick something up or sprinted after your dog because he got loose. Not many people in today’s society pay attention to their body movement. They often take their body’s ability to move normally for granted. A person’s biomechanics are essential to everyday life, without being able to move properly one cannot perform everyday tasks. Unfortunately, there are people who are not able to do so and face many hardships in their life and may be in a lot of pain. Therefore, these people seek professional assistance to help them regain their ability to function normally….
Careers in Healthcare
– Healthcare has many different areas one can go into if interested in this field. I have chosen two that have always been an interest to me; Nursing (particularly registered nursing) and an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician). Both jobs are very demanding and extremely important. Both are respected jobs and require a tremendous amount of caring for others. There are three levels of nursing; certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or a Registered Nurse (RN). A registered nurse is the highest level of nursing….
What it Takes to Be a Medical Assistant
– Being a medical assistant is a great career, even though some may think that it is extremely difficult to do because of the many tasks that a required. Medical assistants have many local jobs in public and private hospital. Also, while working with doctors and nurse practitioners, they are very helpful in the work place. There are very few requirement needed to obtain this career. All you need is a high school diploma or GED. The salary of medical assistants is very high, depending on your standards….