Assistant Headteacher Position
– I would be grateful if you would accept this letter as an application for the post of Assistant Headteacher at Welham. I believe that I have the required skills and experience to make a success of this opportunity and I intend, throughout this letter, to suggest ways in which my contributions would be of value to such a position within your school. Since my appointment to the Hillingdon School I have been afforded the opportunity to play an integral role in moving forward the ICT and Business Departments and the Technologies Curriculum Area….
Informal vs. Formal Communication in a School Environment
– The aim of this assignment is to establish whether informal communication is just as important as formal communication in a school environment. My hypothesis at the start of the assignment is that both will be essential in order for a school to run efficiently and for a healthy culture to exist in an educational establishment. However, I first need to outline the nature of the school used for this study. The school is a popular non-denominational 11-18 Comprehensive High School for girls, with some boys in the Sixth Form….
School Visit Reflection
– Incident 1 I have had my second ISP visit to school 1 today to carry out the audit with the headteacher. The idea is that the school adviser comes along to make sure that it all goes smoothly as they are the people who have requested this support for the schools in the first place. Unfortunately he couldn’t attend, so it was just me and the headteacher. She was particularly negative, especially in her body language. There was a circular table in her room, but she stayed on her large chair behind her desk, creating a real and an imaginary barrier between us…. ;
The Role of Teachers in Preventing Child Abuse
– There are various strategies used within schools to tackle child abuse. In order to discuss the strategies fully there is a need to define what exactly is meant by child abuse. It is also necessary to be aware of what advice and guidance there is offered through Government documentation and circulars to schools on their role in preventing child abuse. Having put child abuse and the school’s role into context, then the strategies used by the school as a whole and by the teacher within the classroom can be discussed….
Student and Teacher Relationships Go Bad
– Student and teacher relationships have many benefits for both teacher and student in the classroom. There are many different types of these relationships, from being friends to being mentors to even being something of a mentor or parental figure. However, in recent years, a new type of relationship has come into existence, one that is neither healthy nor legal. When student and teacher relationships blossom into something that is more than just a friendship, people can get hurt, families can be torn apart, communities baffled, and fellow students put at a disadvantage….