The Bombing of Pearl Harbour and American-Australian Relations
– The Bombing of Pearl Harbour on December 7th 1941 sparked the involvement of the United States in the Second World War. Up until this point, the Axis powers in both Europe and the Asia-Pacific had the advantage in the war, gaining territory and pushing the Allies back. America had so far claimed formal neutrality from the fighting till she herself was attacked in Hawaii. The Bombing of Pearl Harbour also strengthened America’s ties to Australia as it seen as a friend among a foe riddled Pacific….
Master Engravers of Fifteenth Century Germany
– When thinking of early artistic prints, perhaps one of the few things that come to mind would be playing cards. In modernity, playing cards are not really considered “artistic” items. However, during the earliest days of print, playing cards were the original media made by the printing process. Even before the printing press, Europe had a love of cards and, whether they were actually intended to be used for play or for show, the people wanted to get their hands on them. Because of the wide spread popularity of cards, it is no surprise that this early print media featured elements that are visually present in other printed media, even to this day….
Envisioning Urban Futures: Machelen-Diegem’s Master plan
– Machelen-Diegem Machelen, a cozy Flemish town is located in Brussels city of Belgium. It is home to a lot of historical values. The site is considered to be at a strategic place for economic development. Industrial estates, commercial establishment, large job market attract large population to settle in and around Machelen – Diegem. This is as a result of its centralized location in the arteries of Europe’s capital. The site has reached its full blown in terms of infrastructure development. Machelen is also acknowledged for the location of main airport of the country…. ;
The Master Speed by Robert Frost
– ‘The Master Speed’ by Robert Frost Throughout the poem The Master Speed, Frost addresses the idea that marriage is a sacred bond that must be treasured all through our lives. The main reason for the apparent matrimony theme was due to the engagement of Frost’s daughter. Because of this great influence over his life, Frost reiterated the advice to his daughter to stay at ‘the master speed’; in order to fully enjoy the rest of her life as well as her future commitment. By this Frost suggests that one should not rush through life but instead take in life, nice and slow so that it may be savored….
Master Harold And The Boys by Athol Fugard
– The play Master Harold and the Boys by Athol Fugard takes place in a small Tea House in Port Elizabeth in South Africa. The play starts off with Sam and Willie, two black servants at the restaurant cleaning and talking about a ballroom dance tournament coming up. Hally, a teenage white boy whose parents own the restaurant walks in after coming from school and begins to have a conversation with Sam and Willie. In the period of only an hour and a half or so, Sam, Willie, and Hally give a small glimpse of a very big problem….