The Role of Communication Services in Health Care
– There are extremely large gaps in our entire aspect of understanding the role of communication services in health care delivery. The care of patients is interesting topic that needs to be addressed, it involves different individuals at all aspects of life, all needing to share patient care information and discuss the management perspective. The special services are increasing with interest in, the use of, information and communication technologies to support health services. Yet, while there is significant discussion of, and investment in, information technologies, communication systems receive much less attention and the clinical adoption of even simpler services like email, voice-calls, a…
Billing & Coding for Health Care Services
– In order for any health care system to be stable in their revenue cycle, it has to post charges for procedures and care provided. If these charges are not posted correctly, the payments may be affected, resulting in less income than what the system is actually owed. Clearly, without any service being provided, there is no revenue to begin with, but if the charges are not captured, a service can be provided and not billed for (Cleverley & Cameron 2007). This means the health care system provided free care or services to a patient….
The Difference in Outpatient and Inpatient Care Services
– … Examples of secondary care are cardiologist, which deals with the focuses on the heart and its pumping system and endocrinologists, which focuses on the hormone systems. The tertiary care refers to an even higher level of care in the health system, which requires specialized equipment and expertise as well as consultative care and complex treatments or procedures. This usually on referral from primary and secondary medical care. This level may require combination of both expertise and specialized equipment such as performing a coronary bypass surgery from a trained heart surgeon using advanced medical technology in perform such procedure….
Shadowing Manager at Washington Adventist University Intensive Care Unit
– My two hours clinical of shadowing a manager was at the Washington Adventist University at Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU). The manager who I was shadowing was the unit manager assistance on IMCU units. Mrs. A is task oriented and well informed nevertheless numerous responsibilities facing her every single day. She was an amazing and good mannered woman along with so wide educational background. She manages three different units, which has more than thirty nurses. She completed her education at Washington Adventist University, which makes us share commonplace….
The Rapid Growth of Managed Care
– The rapid growth of managed care is the response to limited financial resources and the demand for healthcare services to be affordable. Economic viability is a crucial aspect of health care. Managed care plans were developed to provided health care services, but also to be a method to collect payment for services. There are different types of managed care plans. For example, health maintenance organization (HMO), preferred provider organization (PPO), and point-of-service (POS) plans. For brevity of this paper the HMO managed care system will be discussed along with the relevance of the role of the advance practitioner practicing in HMO setting….