The Epic of Forrest Gump: Winston Groom
– “Epic[s] and Tragedy, Comedy also […], are all in [a] general conception modes of imitation. They differ, however, from one another in three respects- the medium, the objects, the manner or mode of imitation, being in each case distinct” (Poetics, Section 1 Part I). Life is simulated by the interpretations that each genre of poetry evokes its properties of presentation. Aristotle a 4th century Greek philosopher, categorized tragedy into elements of: Plot, Character, Thought, Diction, Melody, and Spectacle….
Original Wedding Toasts – Groom to Bride, Bride to Groom
– Original Wedding Toasts – Groom to Bride, Bride to Groom Happiness When I was poor, too poor to buy you candies or fresh flowers, We still shared the moon. You taught me that happiness is a chain reaction of love. One who has awakened to love does not cling to lesser things. Golden Heart With infinite affection, and infinite care, and a golden heart. You have taught me, when you bring forth the love within you, it transforms you. I Have Become Whole In your love is my peace, it is the sea into which all currents flow, for all eternity….
The True Forrest Gump: The Book vs. the Movie
– “Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you’re going to get” (Hanks). Many times when books are changed into movies they are done incorrectly. Forrest Gump is one of these examples. Forrest Gump, the novel, was written in 1986 by the author Winston Groom. The movie Forrest Gump was created by Paramount Pictures in 1994. Tom Hanks stars as the main character Forrest Gump. The movie portrayed Forrest Gump in a different way and as sometimes more innocent than his character in the book….
Wedding Toasts – Bride to Groom
– Wedding Toasts – Bride to Groom My Husband What shall I say about my husband. My utterly impractical, never predictable, Something irascible, quite inexplicable, husband. Strange blend of shyness, pride and conceit And stubborn refusal to bow in defeat. He’s spoiling and ready to argue and fight, Yet the smile of a child fills his soul with delight. His eyes are the quickest to well up in tears, Yet his strength is the strongest to banish my fears. His faith is as fierce as his devotion is grand And there’s no middle ground on which he will stand….
Wedding Toasts to the Bride and Groom
– Wedding Toasts to the Bride and Groom The Upper Hand The following tidbit began a wonderful and personal toast to the bride and groom: “John, take Emily’s hand and place your hand over her’s. Now, remember this moment and cherish it… because this will be the last time you’ll ever have the upper hand!” Toilet Roll Let us all hope and pray that your married life is like this toilet roll – soft, strong and ever so long. Never Lie, Cheat, and Drink May you never lie, cheat or drink. But if you must lie, lie with each other….