Modelling the mass of banana fruit by geometrical attributes
– Some selected physical characteristics of the banana such as mass, true volume, bulk density, true density, geometric mean diameter, surface area etc and their statistics such as mean, standard deviation (SD) and standard error (SE) were presented in Tab. 1. These two statistics measure the consistency of the data. Table 1 Physical properties of banana var. Grand Nain S.No Physical properties Mean SD Min Max SE CV,% 1 Mass (M), g 139.65 7.66 126.05 154.29 1.47 5.48 2 True volume (V), cm3 136.33 9.86 118.00 157.00 1.90 7.24 3 Ellipsoidal volume (Vell) , cm3 117.92 9.09 98.15 131.33 1.75 7.70 4 Ellipsoidal ratio 1.08 0.02 1.05 1.12 0.00 2.14 5 Fruit density (TD), g/cm3 1.03 0.03 0.98 1.11 0.01…
How the Fruit Industry in Chile Influenced Women’s Role
– The Aconcagua Valley in Chile is one of the leading producers in the highly profitable fruit-export industry. This industry incorporates thousands of rural women into a traditionally male labor force. The Chilean fruit industry exports almost one billion dollars in different kinds of fruit mainly to the United States. Companies like Dole and Standard Fruit helped transform the Aconcagua Valley into an agribusiness region that closely resembles that of California. Heidi Tinsman’s, Politics of Gender and Consumption in Authoritarian Chile attempts to explain new forms of consumption and consumerism that occurred in Chile’s Aconcagua Valley…. ;
Role of Women in Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit
– Role of Women in Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit In the novel Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit, by Jeanette Winterson, most of the important, decision-making, characters are female. Jeanette, the female protagonist, is greatly influenced by her mother, a strong, overbearing, eccentric woman, and by Elsie, a prominent member of the family parish who becomes Jeanette’s only friend and closest confidant. Elsie and Jeanette’s mother act as polar forces in Jeanette’s life, with the mother encouraging suppression of “unholy” or “unnatural” feelings and thoughts, and Elsie encouraging expression of feelings and accepting oneself for who one really is….
A Study Of Inheritable Traits In Fruit Flies
– A Study Of Inheritable Traits in Fruit Flies INTRODUCTION The Drosophila melanogaster, more commonly known as the fruit fly, is a popular species used in genetic experiments. In fact, Thomas Hunt Morgan began using Drosophila in the early 1900’s to study genes and their relation to certain chromosomes(Biology 263). Scientists have located over 500 genes on the four chromosomes in the fly. There are many advantages in using Drosophila for these types of studies. Drosophila melanogaster can lay hundreds of eggs after just one mating, and have a generation time of two weeks at 21°C(Genetics: Drosophila Crosses 9)….
Elsie and Her Mother in Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit
– Elsie and Her Mother in Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit In a story of a young girl coming of age and finding her sexuality in a very religious community, it is key to have a female figure that plays a key role for the character. A mother should play the key role but what happens when this role is confused with a very spiritual role. Where will a young girl turn to when her life goes against the rules society has set for her. Jeanette has lived a sheltered life with no influence on her except for the church….