Graffiti: Art or Vandalism?
– Art: the ultimate form of self expression. But, what constitutes an art. And, who decides. These very questions plague society as it tries to decide and define the official status of graffiti–art or vandalism. Because it has found its way into art galleries and because of the community of artists who challenge and inspire each other, graffiti should be considered art and as a way to express oneself. The origin and history of graffiti is not what one might expect. Believed to have been created by a Philadelphia high school student named Cornbread in 1967, it was a bold effort to catch the attention of a girl (De Melker)….
Graffiti as an Artform
– Graffiti as an Artform The value of any message or work of art, whether it is hanging on the wall of a gallery or a subway, lies on the intensity of the artist’s or vandal’s beliefs. Graffiti is an uncertain issue in respect to its virtue. While the voice of the individual must never be lost in a society of shouts growing larger and louder every second; graffiti is such a public medium that its integrity must be of great concern. Graffiti is a vast wasteland of indefinite opinions. Foremost graffiti is illegal and a form of vandalism, it invades peoples privacy and destroys their property….
The Best Carpet Cleaner
– Although Resolve High Traffic Foam and Woolite Heavy Traffic Foam both claim to be the best carpet cleaner, there is quite a difference in the performance and health risks with each product. As a mother and pet owner, I had to find an effective and affordable carpet cleaner and needed to do so quickly. I went through many different cleaners claiming to be “The Best” when in fact, they were not. Not only does this become quite expensive, but also frustrating after trying the product only to find out it is not “The Best” carpet cleaner….
Modern Perspectives on Graffiti
– Introduction. A research project into the perceptions of graffiti by certain individuals and groups can be seen as having grounding in both sociology and criminology. The sociology of deviance and delinquency in urban areas, as well as the socio-historical development of graffiti as a cultural practice provides a basis for further research into the effects of this phenomenon. In terms of criminology, the extent to which the police and local authorities see graffiti as a problem is also worth investigating….
Banksy Was Here: The Invisible Man of Graffiti Art
– In the article “Banksy Was Here: The Invisible Man of Graffiti Art” from The New Yorker published in 2007, author Lauren Collins informs individuals of the secretive controversies of Banksy’s artwork. Collins introduces Banksy’s street art and presents his anonymity. She also informs the audience of Banksy’s overall attitude and the typical materials used for his street artwork. Banksy is explained to be a controversial street artist who hides in the shadows in order to avoid the consequences of fame….