Winter Dreams by F. Scott Fitzgerald
– The story of “Winter Dreams” begins with a boy named Dexter Green, who was just a simple golf caddie at simply the age of fourteen. Throughout the story he becomes quite a success financially and was able to live a more prestigious lifestyle than he did in his earlier childhood. Through Fitzgerald’s short story, “Winter Dreams”, Dexter envisioned that economic success and seeking the possession of the unattainable would lead to happiness, but it would eventually lead to disarray and unhappiness….
The Impact of Chick Evans on the Golfing Community
– 6AM. A young man wakes up, showers, and eats breakfast. He then continues to his bedroom, embellishing himself in the simple yet characteristic mixture of white and khaki. He continues to his place of employment, breathing the soft scent of elm and grass. Within the caddie must lay the characteristics of a well-rounded, young adult, embodying the work ethic of those most inspiring before him. Charles “Chick” Evans, who once was a caddy and worldly renowned golfer, appreciates the fine young adults that have endured the morning wakeup call everyday in the summer….
Callaway Golf Company History
– Callaway Golf Company History Callaway Golf Company CEO Ron Drapeau told CBSMarketWatch, “We have become known as the company that brings innovation to the game for the average golfer. We’re not focused on the elite professional players. It’s been a very successful approach for us.” But that is not to say that Callaway clubs are spurned by professionals. By the end of the 2000 professional tour, Callaway Golf ranked as the most-played manufacturer of drivers, fairway woods and irons on the world’s five major professional tours combined…. ;
Physics of Golf
– Many golf equipment companies are constantly trying to improve the different “tools” used during the game. And with the incredible rate of technology, golf equipment is constantly being taken to higher and higher levels. In fact, technology now allows golf equipment so precise and accurate, that many people believe it requires less skill to be a really exceptional golfer. As technology and the study of physics progresses, only newer and better equipment will be produced. This is why a line must be drawn between technology and the skills of today’s players…. ;
The Early History of Golf in the U.S.
– The game of golf is one of the oldest of today’s modern sports. Its exact beginnings are not known; however, some historians trace golf back to the Stone Age while others claim it originated from the “idle antics of shepherd boys knocking small stones into holes in the ground with a crook while their flocks grazed nearby” (Peper 1). Researched back to the time of the Roman Empire, it is also believed the sports-oriented Romans played a forerunner of the game of golf called paganica. This sport involved the use of a bent stick and a ball stuffed with wool played in the open countryside…. ;