Mia Hebib- Bosnian Artist
– Mia Hebib is a Bosnian born artist based out of New York, who works primarily in jewelry design and sculptural forms. She was in a show called “Islam Contemporary” at the Lichtenstein Center for the Arts on August 2, 2013. Mia Hebib started her education as a jewler at the School for Applied Arts and Design in Zagreb, Croatia. In 2001, she received a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Metals and Jewelry from the Savannah College of Art and Design. Mia moved to New York City to continue her exploration in metal….
Crushed Dreams in The Glass Menagerie
– Crushed Dreams in The Glass Menagerie Tennessee Williams is known for his use of symbols, tension, and irony. Williams uses all of these components to express the central theme of The Glass Menagerie – hope followed by despair. Each of the characters has dreams that are destroyed by the harsh realities of the world. As the narrator blatantly admits, ‘since I have a poet’s weakness for symbols’, symbols are central to The Glass Menagerie (Williams 30). Symbols are merely concrete substitutions used to express a particular theme, idea, or character…. ;
Essay on Escape Mechanisms in The Glass Menagerie
– Escape Mechanisms in The Glass Menagerie In Tennessee Williams’ play, The Glass Menagerie, each character attempts to escape the real world by creating their own “reality”. Laura hides from the world by magnifying her illness. Tom convinces himself that his needs supersede the needs of his family. Amanda focuses almost exclusively on the past – when she saw herself as a desirable southern belle. Even Jim focus his hopes on recapturing his good old high school days. Each character transposes their difficult situations into shadows of the truth….
Glass Blowing in the First Century
– … Not only are the colors impeccable, but his ability to create a slender form while maintaining stability within the piece is a very unique aspect found in the majority of his works. In order to better understand the style Tiffany used to create this piece, it is important to note his dynamic approach towards his work and his interaction with the materials used. His approach to his work was always one of interest. He became more interested in glassmaking in 1875, about 35 years before he produced his Flower-form Vase….
Stained Glass Art: Visual Emotions
– Stained glass window artists capture not only artistic techniques, but architectural methods as well to construct their works of art. These techniques have subsisted for thousands of years and have survived through multiple cultures. Colors, patterns, and scenes draw an emotional response out of a viewer as well as portray a visual interpretation of a story, scripture, or moment in time. In order to completely comprehend the extent of the art and architecture of a stained glass window, an individual must first have knowledge of a stained glass window’s origin….