CSG- Coal Seam Gas
– Introduction: Coal seam gas (CSG) in Australia is becoming the largest provider of energy, estimated to reach 80% of Australia’s energy produced in power plants fuelled by natural gas, sourced from coal seams. (Australian Pacific LNG, 2012) Australia has become a large exporter of the world’s natural gas supply, shown in 2006 where 160 million tons of natural gas was exported around the world, generating large revenue for Australia. (Lock the Gate Alliance Ltd, 2014) Social sustainability factors including human rights, wellbeing of residence, safety, accessibility, heritage, equity and religious and cultural sensitivities are all elements which are involved in social sustainability….
Description of Rotary compressors
– Rotary compressors have shown to have a good mechanical performance with quieter and smoother operation, thus are widely used in many applications. However, the critical factors affecting the overall efficiency of the compressors are mainly the mechanical losses. Friction losses in rotary compressors do not only reduce the mechanical efficiency, but also reduce the reliability and life-span of the compressor, (Teh and Ooi, 2009c). In most of the rotary compressors, sliding components usually possess high relative velocities hence high friction which limits their mechanical performance….
Elizabeth Bishop’s Poem Filling Station
– Elizabeth Bishop’s Poem “Filling Station” In poetry many elements are used to bring life to a literary work. Some of these include style, structure, imagery, diction, and allusion. In Elizabeth Bishop’s poem, Filling Station, the author uses them skillfully to create meaning in a story that otherwise would be banal. Her usage of expressive details supports the writing which helps the reader to imagine what the author is describing. Her style also appeals to the readers emotions and imagination to draw them into her harsh reality…. ;
Impact of Shale Gas Boom on the Market
– Shale gas has exploded in the North American market. Technology advancements and closing the gap in the days required for in between well moves are making it profitable for owner/operators. Other markets are faced with numerous challenges, and for them this is not the case. What are the challenges that European and Asian markets face, and when will they reap the rewards from their shale rich geologies. Less than 5 years ago, North America’s shale boom was readily dismissed and looked upon as a “source for marginal additions” to the supply of oil globally…. ;
Ezra Pound’s In a Station of the Metro
– Ezra Pound’s In a Station of the Metro Before this week, I had never read any poetry by Ezra Pound. I noticed immediately that many of the poems are very short. “In a Station of the Metro,” for example, is two lines. In the essay “Imagism,” the second rule of imagistes is said to be “to use absolutely no word that did not contribute to the presentation.” I think this rule helps explain why some of Pound’s poems are so short. Obeying the second rule of imagistes will be harder the longer the poem is….