Gambling in Indiana
– GAMBLING IN INDIANA Almost 9 out of 10 adults will gamble in their lifetime. Although gambling can be in many forms, such as lottery, sports betting, and illegal gambling, casino gambling remains one of the most popular gambling activities. With 12 casinos in Indiana, the state revenue can lead to big business. Over the past decade, Indiana has brought in a large amount of revenue from its 12 river boat casinos. In fact, Indiana is third in the nation in gambling revenue – only trailing Las Vegas and New Jersey (Walker, 2013)….
Texas Gambling: The Morality vs Legality of Casino Gambling
– For years casino gambling was portrayed in the media and Hollywood as being associated with criminal activities and the mafia. Now with proper scrutiny and government regulations casino gambling has become a lucrative business, with casinos stock even trading on Wall Street. Casino gambling is an ever increasingly popular and legal activity in many states throughout the United States. “The term gambling or ‘gaming’ as the industry calls it, means any legalized form of wagering or betting conducted in a casino, on a riverboat, on an Indian reservation, or at any other location under the jurisdiction of the United States” (National Gambling Impact Study Commission Act)….
Taking a Look at Gambling
– … With this form of gambling you either sit at a table and play cards such as poker or sit at a slot machine and either push a button or pull a lever. Many people used to say that men were the ones that had the gambling problem and fewer women but as the time goes on and more casinos with slot machines are build the gender gap is coming to a close. Although according to Sam Skolnik, there still is a gender gap in other forms of gambling like the horse betting and more men are likely to be the action gamblers….
Gambling in America
– Today in America, Gambling can be a matter of life and death; not just to adults, but to their kids as well. Gambling has been growing since day one and it is still going strong today; and not just through casinos but on the internet as well. People usually turn to gambling because they think it is their one way ticket to being rich or earning some extra cash for themselves, but in reality it could be their one way ticket to the bottom. It may be true that gambling helps the economy, but is helping the economy worth someone’s life….
The Benefits of America’s Lottery
– George Washington, America’s very first president, used to participate in the lottery. Moses used a lottery to determine which of his flock would win a plot of land (Ugel 25). The lottery has been around for an exceedingly long time. In fact, according to the National Gambling Impact Study Commission, “The first recorded lottery to distribute prize money was held in 1466 in Bruges, now Belgium, for the announced purpose of providing assistance to the poor” (Ugel 26). Even today, millions of people participate in the Mega Millions and the Power Ball lotteries….