Output Analysis of Columbia’s Premier Alternative Newspaper
– Output Analysis of Columbia’s Premier Alternative Newspaper The Free Times is Columbia’s number one alternative newspaper. From analyzing the paper’s output, it is not hard to see why they have been so successful. Started in 1984, the paper now distributes 40,000 issues every week over the greater Columbia area. In particular, they cater to these territories: Five Points, The Vista, Downtown, Lake Murray, North East Columbia, Clemson Road and Lexington. Readers from these districts can be reached from 799 different locations….
The Image of Persons with Disabilities as Portrayed in a Newspaper
– The newspaper dailies, have the ability to link persons with disability to the world. Still, no research has been found specifically on persons with disabilities and their portrayal in the newspaper daily in India. Many studies have focused on the more general topic of disabilities in the news (Mick 1996; Power 2006; Haller, Dorries, and Rahn 2006). Person with disabilities are also part of the society. The newspaper dailies depict the persons with disabilities, as reflection of the society’s perspective about them….
Death of a Newspaperman
– If the only good news is bad news, then newspapers must be doing great. Their forecast has been consistently dreary and their fall has been predicted as inevitable. Their circulation has been in constant decline, and they are not experiencing the huge profits that they had been experiencing before. What has caused this sudden economic downfall. The invention and spread of the internet. The invention of the Internet brought with it cheap publishing and massive audiences. It has also brought about a sudden change in the way that business is being conducted that newspapers have been having trouble keeping pace….
Analyzing the Two Newspaper Articles
– The newspapers that I am going to analyze are The Guardian and The Sun. Both of the papers represent different approaches to news presentations; different ideologies, and therefore different potential reader groups. The Sun is a tabloid newspaper that reports news that is sensationalised and also takes a subjective angel. Whereas, The Guardian is a broadsheet which reports serious news that are quite detailed and balanced. Broadsheets are often called the ‘quality newspapers’ and therefore is aimed to readers that want more in-depth news….
The Decline of the Newspaper
– In 1760, The Boston News-Letter was the first newspaper to be continuously published in the United States. A 250-year legacy of printed news could not have lasted if it newspapers didn’t not have it uses. Aside from the entertainment value, newspapers exist for the main purpose of bringing news of international, national, and local news to the doorsteps of the people. Without such frequent and stable form of communication, it would be difficult for any nation to call itself a free democracy. Today however, it cannot be expected that newsprint will last forever…. ;