Forestry Dependency from Aboriginals
– When discoursing about how the people and the environment go hand in hand, where trifling disagreements are at hand, it should be assumed to achieve that that state equality plays a major factor in making that claim. For it is a way to have a fair and justifiable course of action to take, as it is the utmost and practical means of achieving Environmental Justice, as furthered explained in this quote, Environmental justice [is] the fair treatment of all races, cultures, incomes, and educational levels with respect to the development, implementation, and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations and policies….
The Importance of New Zealand’s Forestry Industry
– New Zealand’s forests are one of its greatest natural resources, holding significant financial, physical, and spiritual value (DOC, 2013). These forests provide a significant trading resource (Perry, Oren, & Hart, 2008), directly influence soil and flora quality (West, 2006), and contribute to the cultural health of Maori by enhancing their whakapapa (or ‘Connection’ with the land) (Gallagher & Te Atawhai o te Ao, 2011). This resource, however, is under threat through poor management (Levack, Poole, & Bateson, 2006), over exploitation (MPI, 2003) and the operating conditions of the Forestry Industry (ACC, 2007)….
Characteristics of an Effective Helper
– There are many attributes to being an effective helper. An effective helper, in essence, should be genuinely caring, have a calm manner, have a sense of humor, be a clear thinker, be highly dependable, honest, use common sense, be objective and not subjective, be self-confident, be self-aware, have a positive attitude toward life, have respect for others, exhume warmth, show flexibility and openness (Mental Health of Refugees, 1996). These are the basic characteristics of an effective helper….
Homework: A Helper or a Hindrance?
– … In the late 1960s, the value of homework was questioned because educators and parents were concerned that homework interrupted recreational and social activities, thus affecting the mental health of children (Cooper Robinson Patall). Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, homework was endorsed again because there was a need to reinvigorate the declining educational standards, especially in the United States(Cooper Robinson Patall), and the renewed belief from research that homework produces academic benefits (Cooper 1989)….
Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper
– Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper In ancient times, a superstition was once believed by humans that erratic behavior was the possession of spiritually evil demons, that only wizardry or sorcery could mend and cure the mentally ill. In 1808, a man named Professor Johann Christian Reil developed a new medicine field called Psychiatry, meaning the soul or mind. Eventually, the physicians practicing this medical field were known as Psychiatrist (“History of Psychiatry”). As time passed, the field started to evolve and the knowledge expanded becoming one of the oldest medical fields still existing today (“Psychiatrist – DO/MD”)….