Forestry Dependency from Aboriginals
– When discoursing about how the people and the environment go hand in hand, where trifling disagreements are at hand, it should be assumed to achieve that that state equality plays a major factor in making that claim. For it is a way to have a fair and justifiable course of action to take, as it is the utmost and practical means of achieving Environmental Justice, as furthered explained in this quote, Environmental justice [is] the fair treatment of all races, cultures, incomes, and educational levels with respect to the development, implementation, and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations and policies….
The Importance of New Zealand’s Forestry Industry
– New Zealand’s forests are one of its greatest natural resources, holding significant financial, physical, and spiritual value (DOC, 2013). These forests provide a significant trading resource (Perry, Oren, & Hart, 2008), directly influence soil and flora quality (West, 2006), and contribute to the cultural health of Maori by enhancing their whakapapa (or ‘Connection’ with the land) (Gallagher & Te Atawhai o te Ao, 2011). This resource, however, is under threat through poor management (Levack, Poole, & Bateson, 2006), over exploitation (MPI, 2003) and the operating conditions of the Forestry Industry (ACC, 2007)….
The Development of Heavy Equipment
– Imagine a world where the only earthmoving is what can shovel, and everything was pulled by draft animals. Up until 1850, when the steam traction was popularized, man power, draft animals, and a few simple machines was how earth was moved. Without the ability to change the contour of the land, structures had to be built in areas where the land had the proper contour. The need to move more earth more efficiently and change the lay of the land would grow as time went on. The power of steam has long been know….
The Evolution of the Telephone and Operator
– The Evolution of the Telephone and Operator A few nights ago I was sitting at the dining room table reviewing my research, when my roommate, Lucy, walked in and inquired as to my progress. We started talking a bit about telephones and telephone operators and she related a story about the telephone in her hometown. Lucy is from a small town in Ireland. She clearly remembers when, at the age of four (about twenty eight years ago), her family installed their first telephone. To make a call her family would turn the crank on their telephone which would then alert Mrs….
T.A.L.O.S. Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit
– Understand how yesterday’s imagined technology is effecting our current technological basis. We take a step back and look at “cause and effect.” Because we have imagined characters like Iron Man, Halo, and the video game Mech Assault, we wonder what it would be like to be in that character’s shoes. These ideas and fantasies may seem harmless as a movie or game although it has affected a few individuals to the point of wanting to make a real suit out of a dream. “The goal is to begin integrating capabilities over the next 12 months and have the first suit ready for full field testing in four to five years.” said Michel Fieldson, TALOS lead, SOCOM….