USDA to Let Industry Self-Inspect Chicken an Article by Jim Avila
– … The agriculture specialist reports the difference of how organic chickens are raised outdoor, how farmers use natural food to feed chicken, and what kind of treatment are used in natural chickens. The journal states a clear understanding of the basic requirement for organic chicken and the ways of livestock production are prepared. According to Fanatico, she says “Housing should protect birds from the elements, maintain a comfortable temperature, provide ventilation and clean bedding and allow birds to exercise and conduct natural behaviors.” This credible journal provides a detailing explanation of how organic chickens are raised naturally….
The Importance of Food Safety and Hygiene
– The issue of food safety is a universal concern. This is because everyone has to consume food. Food scares have been numerous in the United States in the past twenty years. This fact has motivated producers and consumers alike to take an active role in the safe and quality production of their food. This is a requirement for all people across the nation as well as the globe to be concerned about to be healthy and enjoy the food they must consume. The United States of America has one of the cheapest, most abundant, and safest food supplies throughout the entire world….
Lack of Food Safety in America
– “There are … responsibilities more important than making sure the food our families eat is safe” (Joe Biden). The vice president of the United States does not consider food safety important. The government food agencies such as The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), do not do enough to ensure our safety from food. Our standards of ensuring food safety have dramatically dropped due to government food agencies not doing enough to protect us and making new rules and regulations to hard for food producers….
Background of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
– Background of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act In the Summer of 2012, more than a half billion eggs were recalled in the United States. These salmonella contaminated eggs were responsible for sickening more than 1,000 people across the country (Jalonick, 2010). This outbreak served as a “wake-up call” for the need to empower the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to carry out stricter regulations on the food and drug industry. Due to the outbreak and need for stricter regulations, The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) (S….
Fast Food Industry
– It is not a surprise that fast food has become a way of life in America. Every day about a quarter of the adult population n United States visits the fast food restaurant. Every month about 90 percent of children aged 3-9 visit McDonald’s. According to Schlosser, Americans spent more than $110 billion a year on the fast food. In his book “Fast Food Nation” Eric Schlosser is not chiefly interested in the consumption of fast food, but his primary objective is to explore manufacturing starting with the unemployment…. ;