Napoleon Bonaparte: Deliverer of the Revolution
– Napoleon Bonaparte reminds me of a blank canvass that became a mysterious painting as the artist drew and painted on. Deliverer of the Revolution Widely misunderstood for his greedy ambitions he was labeled both as heroic and unimaginative at the same time. There is no doubt that the French Revolution created Napoleon Bonaparte. “The Revolution was a lesson in the power of evil to replace idealism, and Bonaparte was its ideal pupil.”(Pg. 29) It opened doors for him to fill in the gap where it was necessary….
The Changing Culture of Food and Society
– In the words Michael Pollan (2008), he argues that “We forget that, historically people have eaten for a great many reasons other than biological necessity. Food is [therefore] about pleasure, community, family and spirituality, our relationship to the natural world, and about expressing our identity” (p. 8); and plays an important role on why we form a relationship with food. I can relate with Pollan’s ideology on the basis of my own cultural experience within the Black communities, and how life formed associations with food has shaped my viewpoint on health and wellness….
Local Food vs Globalization
– Food products of giant multinational corporations such as McDonald’s have huge impacts on people’s food preference since fast food became so popular and is familiar all over the world that people’s food preference are often set by their eating experience of the fast food in their childhood. For some people, the fast-food tastes become the standards. On the other hand, more high-graded restaurants that serve local specialties with the local ingredients receive stars on the Michelin and other restaurant guides for gourmands….
Genetically Modified Food and Food Additives
– Outline Thesis: The uses of steroids, antibiotics, and sprays in food have had a major impact on society’s health since they became available to manufactures in the mid 1950’s. Due to their cancer causing chemicals and genetically alternating steroids, the public needs to educate themselves about foods that contain these chemicals in order to decide what foods they do and do not want their families to intake. I. Certain additives have been linked to cause cancer and cancer cells. A. Although food additives have not yet been tested on human beings, researchers have concluded that due to the fact that they have been found to cause cancer in animals, it is safe to say that they lead to cancer…
Food Styling: the Art of Preparing Food for the Camera
– Food styling the art of preparing food for the camera. The author writes a comprehensive book on her technique of styling food for the camera, the props that are used, how food will not always do what you want it to do. She also goes step by step on how certain tools will help your food stand out to allow you to capture a great image. Book from the public library This book is useful for many points in my paper; she covers food styling, food photography, prepping for food photo shoots, tools that can be useful, and overcoming challenges….