Potential Career: Flight Attendant
– The Career Exploration choice that appealed to me the most was the job of a Flight Attendant. I think that traveling the world would be very exciting and as a Flight Attendant I would have a chance to travel, meet lots of different people and experience different cultures around the world. Flight Attendants do not make a lot of money at first but I think it would be ok to work up to a higher salary, especially since Zarin said that the airline pays for your expenses. The idea of being a flight attendant is a little impossible for me….
A Career as a Flight Attendant
– … Second, flight attendants should provide safety and comport to passengers. Third, flight attendants should show their good service performance to passengers. This research paper purports to help people interested in a job of a flight attendant to finalize their career choice and dispel the myth that being a flight attendant has many disadvantages. Some people might argue that flight attendants have many flights in a month, so they have to spend lots of time away from home; therefore, they might have emotional exhaustion, they may be scheduled for duty on weekends and holidays, they experience many delays occurring for any reasons and they feel the jet lag….
The Train Programing for Flight Attendents
– … Insufficient training plans and program formulation, inconsistent way of determining training and development plan, inexperience staff can cause unwelcome problems especially during in-charge hours – in flights. Training needs can be identified from problems that have arisen. If air stewardess are unable to complete their given workload or errors; due to human mishap, training is definitely required. In conducting a needs assessment, it is important to distinguish between training “needs” and training “wants” A product of the needs assessment is the specification of the training objectives that, in turn, identifies or specifies the skills and tasks to be trained….
United Airlines Flight 811
– On February 24, 1989, United Airlines flight 811 was en route to Sydney, Australia from Honolulu, Hawaii. They later experienced decompression due to the cargo door failure in front aft during flight. Flight 811 made successful emergency landing at Honolulu with nine passengers missing out of 337 passenger aboard. The cargo door that was ejected on Flight 811 damaged engines 3 and 4, which led to crew to turn back to Honolulu. According the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Aircraft Accident Report, determines that the probable cause of the Flight 811 was sudden opening of the forward lower lobe cargo door in flight and subsequent explosive decompression, (NTSB,1989)….
The Physics of Flight
– The Physics of Flight The trials and tribulations of flight have had their ups and downs over the course of history. From the many who failed to the few that conquered; the thought of flight has always astonished us all. The Wright brothers were the first to sustain flight and therefore are credited with the invention of the airplane. John Allen who wrote Aerodynamics: The Science of Air in Motion says, “The Wright Brothers were the supreme example of their time of men gifted with practical skill, theoretical knowledge and insight” (6)….