Box Jelly Fish known as Cuboza
– Box Jelly fish is a special type of jelly fish. It is also known as Cubozoa. The scientific for this particular organism is Chironex fleckeri. These jelly fish look really beautiful and elegant but they are very lethal.They are extremely dangerous organisms. They have the ability to instantly stun or kill their prey.Their tentacles have certain toxins that manipulate the organisms nervous system and shut it down that does not allow the organism to breathe properly and as a result of which the organism chokes and dies….
Alternative Oil Sources in Fish Diets
– The intensive farming of tilapia, Oreochromis sp. is rapidly expanding and tilapias are the second most widely farmed fish in the world with annual production exceeding 2 million metric tons in 2005 (FAO, 2008). Marine fish oil, a by-product of industrial capture fisheries, is the oil conventionally used in commercial tilapia feeds. Aquafeeds currently use about 87% of the global supply of fish oil (FO) as a source of lipid (Tacon, Hasan, & Subasinghe, 2006). For the past 25 years, annual FO production has not increased beyond 1.5 million tons per annum and estimates showed that the demand for FO from the aquaculture industry is likely to surpass total global supply by the year 2010 (New & W…
The Similarities Between Humans and Fish
– Human and fish are not closely related on the outside. Most people would not see how we can share same features with fishes, but scientists do know that these two species share homologous features. These features imply that human and fish are related in the lineage of chordate because human shared homologous features with fish. Homologous features shared by human and fish lighten up the evolutionary pathway from the earliest vertebrate by sharing similar structures of the hands and fins. The development of teeth that diversified into features that showed up from the skin, and down to the instruction that made us who we are….
Setting up a Fish Tank
– Saving Nemo Fish keeping may seem like a fun and easy hobby, but without the proper research and knowledge one will kill the fish rather than keep them. Most people think keeping fish is an easy hobby because all you have to do is buy a tank and the fish to put in the tank, but they are extremely wrong. Fish are very hard to care for, and they are also very temperamental to changes within the tank. Fish require constant care and a watchful eye of the water conditions in the tank. If the water condidtions in the tank are not set up properly, or if there is a spike or sudden change in the water conditions it could cause the fish to become sick or even kill the fish….
The Story of Belial the Fish
– TAP. TAP. It is a funny thing about fish. They are often thought to be stupid and pointless creatures. For example, I once asked my mother-in-law why she had not left any plants or toys in her fishbowl for her clownfish to explore. “Well what is the point?” she told me. “Fish only remember things for three seconds anyway.” Then she smiled smugly as if she was the world expert in the cognitive abilities of fish. I have since learnt to ignore the mad nattering of my mother-in-law, fish are actually one of the most clever and fascinating creatures in the world….