Optimization of Extrusion Cooking Process for Rice-Fish Extrudates with an Underutilized Fish Meal
– MATERIALS AND METHODS Preparation of fish Sea bass (underutilized fish) procured from the Ukkadam fish market were used in this study. It was thoroughly washed with potable water after removing scales, viscera and bones. The fish fillet was ground in a pulverizer and was then mixed with rice flour. Preparation of rice-fish flour The ingredients viz., fish paste, rice flour, water and salt were used for the preparation. The fish paste, rice flour and salt were mixed properly, adjusted to a desired moisture content by adding water….
Elizabeth Bishop’s “The Fish”
– “The Fish,” written by Elizabeth Bishop in 1946, is perhaps most known for its incredible use of imagery, but this analysis does not merely focus on imagery. Instead, it is based on a quote by Mark Doty from his essay “A Tremendous Fish.” In it he says, “‘The Fish’” is a carefully rendered model of an engaged mind at work” (Doty). After reading this statement, it causes one to reflect more in-depth about how the poem was written, and not just about what its literal meaning lays out. In “The Fish,” Bishop’s utilization of certain similes, imagery in the last few lines, narrative poem style, and use of punctuation allows the audience to transport into the life of the fish; therefore, allowing…
Box Jelly Fish known as Cuboza
– Box Jelly fish is a special type of jelly fish. It is also known as Cubozoa. The scientific for this particular organism is Chironex fleckeri. These jelly fish look really beautiful and elegant but they are very lethal.They are extremely dangerous organisms. They have the ability to instantly stun or kill their prey.Their tentacles have certain toxins that manipulate the organisms nervous system and shut it down that does not allow the organism to breathe properly and as a result of which the organism chokes and dies….
Alternative Oil Sources in Fish Diets
– The intensive farming of tilapia, Oreochromis sp. is rapidly expanding and tilapias are the second most widely farmed fish in the world with annual production exceeding 2 million metric tons in 2005 (FAO, 2008). Marine fish oil, a by-product of industrial capture fisheries, is the oil conventionally used in commercial tilapia feeds. Aquafeeds currently use about 87% of the global supply of fish oil (FO) as a source of lipid (Tacon, Hasan, & Subasinghe, 2006). For the past 25 years, annual FO production has not increased beyond 1.5 million tons per annum and estimates showed that the demand for FO from the aquaculture industry is likely to surpass total global supply by the year 2010 (New & W…
The Similarities Between Humans and Fish
– Human and fish are not closely related on the outside. Most people would not see how we can share same features with fishes, but scientists do know that these two species share homologous features. These features imply that human and fish are related in the lineage of chordate because human shared homologous features with fish. Homologous features shared by human and fish lighten up the evolutionary pathway from the earliest vertebrate by sharing similar structures of the hands and fins. The development of teeth that diversified into features that showed up from the skin, and down to the instruction that made us who we are….