Personal Narrative: Reflection on my First Poem
– … I changed the start of the line from “Life is sweet” to “Always remember life is sweet” because I wanted people who read this poem to always remember that life is sweet and has its good moments. In my last poem, Mother Nature, I choose not to make any revisions although one revision was suggested. In line five my first word was preserved and I choose not to change it because I thought it fit well in the line “preserved, living, invigorating”. Mother Nature is preserved in the sense that our world has been living for 4.54 billion years and is still thriving….
The Evolution of the Supermarket
– The concept of grocery stores and supermarkets industry is an idea that has been created in order to make easier human`s life. According to the study “The Evolution of the Supermarket Industry From A&P to Wal-Mart” by Ellickson, who explains that a century ago people had to jump from one store to another store in order to get different products such as milk, meat, bread and other products. In addition, in the article “Understanding Groceries Industry” by The Reinvestment Fund, they state that back in a day the concept of grocery stores was created based on the owner`s store needs….
Self as a Supervisor
– I would like to start this self-evaluation by first giving a simple definition of supervision. I found two definitions that I feel describe supervision in a way that helps me to keep some important goals in mind. First, according to Brashears (1995) supervision is an opportunity for the supervisor to use this unique relationship as a process to enable other social workers to practice to the best of their abilities. The second definition I found was from Tsui (2005). which states that supervision is used to ensure clients receive maximum services, limit inappropriate staff responses to clients, enables workers to deliver more effective care, address concerns, receive feedback, maintain standa…
The President Needs the Line-item Veto
– The United State’s Constitution, the shortest written Constitution in the world, only has twenty-seven amendments, and now it is time to add another. The power of a presidential line-item veto was denied to the Clinton Administration in 1998, but with this last Congress being the least productive Congress ever, it is time to re-think the power distribution in the legislative process. In Congress, on average, only 10% of the bills proposed make their way through, and ever reach the President’s desk….
“A Supermarket in California”
– During the 1950’s, a group of young American writers began to openly oppose societal norms in favor of other radical beliefs. These writers believed in ideas such as spiritual and sexual liberation, decriminalization of drugs, and opposition to industrialism as well as consumerism (Parkins). Over time, these writers became known as the Beat Generation and created the Beat Movement. Among the members of this rebellious group was the infamous Allen Ginsberg who is considerably one of the most influential poets of his time….