Impact of Shale Gas Boom on the Market
– Shale gas has exploded in the North American market. Technology advancements and closing the gap in the days required for in between well moves are making it profitable for owner/operators. Other markets are faced with numerous challenges, and for them this is not the case. What are the challenges that European and Asian markets face, and when will they reap the rewards from their shale rich geologies. Less than 5 years ago, North America’s shale boom was readily dismissed and looked upon as a “source for marginal additions” to the supply of oil globally….
Procurement and Contracting in Oil and Gas Companies
– … Many oil and gas companies contract subcontractors to do work on platforms such as welding or pipefitting. Within these jobs are agreements from the company to the subcontractor. These contractual agreements specify scope of work, how many workers are need and so forth. These contracts have to determine estimated cost for the scope of work, scheduling and what the subcontractor deem fitting between the company and subcontractors as far as payment. Currently many oil and companies contract out because the scope of work has become very technical and some points but also have created larger scopes and deadlines….
The Deep Horizon Oil Spill
– The Deep Horizon oil spill The Deep-water horizon oil spill is one of the largest oil spills in history. The spill occurred due to several factors including system failure and human error. The spill not only affected the wildlife and economy of the gulf but the entire United States as goods and service that were once available were no longer available. As a result of the oil spill Bp was forced to pay billions of dollars to restore the damages that they have caused. In addition, the oil and gas industry have changes there practices and are working with the government under new laws and regulation to prevent a future oil spill….
Designing a Gas Pipeline
– … (O. A. Almisned, 2002 ) Moreover, in this research a gas pipeline is designed taking into account the fluid type, transportation distances, diameter, wall thickness, material selection and other properties to determine the criteria for the pipeline. A computer programming Pipesim simulator is a steady-state, multiphase flow for designing and badge investigation of gas production systems. in addition to, the programmer investigates flow line and performance of surface facility to produce full production system analysis….
Saudi Arabia: Foreign Workers
– Saudi Arabia is an average sized country, roughly one-fifth the size of the United States, in the Middle East. The population is roughly twenty-seven million people. It is the birth place of the Islamic religion, which is Saudi Arabia’s main religion. Most of the country is desert and they have a dry hot climate. Saudi Arabia’s main export is oil. According to the article “U.S. Relations with Saudi Arabia.” Saudi Arabia gives the United States over one million barrels of oil every day. Although Saudi Arabia has a great economy they have very many conflicts within the county….