The Failure of Child Protective Services in America
– The controversial issue of whether or not Child Protective Services are doing their jobs properly, has grabbed nationwide attention. Child Protective Services is the name of a government agency in many states of the United States whose mission is to respond to reports of child abuse and neglect. Some of these cases may include physical abuse, sexual abuse, and mental abuse (Wikipedia). The child welfare system is corrupted. The parents and guardians who are accused of abuse are automatically labeled as guilty and will have to prove their innocence; instead of being innocent until proven guilty….
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
– Texas Department of Family and Protective Services According to the Encyclopedia of Education, the program was first started in 1690. It became a way to deal with criminal court cases involving child abuse. Two years later the states and municipalities identified care for abused and neglected children as the responsibility of local government and private institutions. It was not until 1825, that the states enacted laws that gave social workers the right to remove children that had been neglected from their parents and their homes….
Child Protective Services and Adoption
– Since the beginning of time, people have been adopting. Whether or not the adoption process is for everybody is a debatable topic. Adoption occurs all over the world and is the cause for an impact on not only the children being adopted, but also an impact on those who adopt. Whether it’s nationally on internationally adoption is everywhere and will continue to grow in popularity as the years go on. What is adoption. “Adoption establishes a legally recognized, lifelong relationship between a parent and child….
Child Protective Services: Ethics in Organization Culture
– Child Protective Services (CPS) is a common name for a government agency that is responsible for ensuring the safety of children. In general, CPS conducts an investigation when there is a report of physical abuse, sexual abuse, and/or emotional abuse. CPS will go to the home and assess the situation. Depending on the situation, CPS can offer voluntary services to maintain family preservation or in cases where the children are at risk of harm, the children are removed from the home while the parents are required to participate in community services for family reunification (CWLA, 2007)….
Child Protective Services: Excessive Punishment Case
– A family is referred to me because the parents have been using excessive punishment with their son and daughter. Whenever their children misbehave at school or at home the father beats them with a belt all over their legs and back and the mother does not beat them with a belt or other objects but she will slap them in the face if they are out of line or she will refuse to let them eat for a whole day if they do not do their chores or if they have a temper tantrum. The parents are wanting to change and find better ways to punish their children when they misbehave because they are at risk for losing their children to Child Protective Services if they do not change their forms of punishment….