Personal Narrative: Reflection on my First Poem
– … I changed the start of the line from “Life is sweet” to “Always remember life is sweet” because I wanted people who read this poem to always remember that life is sweet and has its good moments. In my last poem, Mother Nature, I choose not to make any revisions although one revision was suggested. In line five my first word was preserved and I choose not to change it because I thought it fit well in the line “preserved, living, invigorating”. Mother Nature is preserved in the sense that our world has been living for 4.54 billion years and is still thriving….
The President Needs the Line-item Veto
– The United State’s Constitution, the shortest written Constitution in the world, only has twenty-seven amendments, and now it is time to add another. The power of a presidential line-item veto was denied to the Clinton Administration in 1998, but with this last Congress being the least productive Congress ever, it is time to re-think the power distribution in the legislative process. In Congress, on average, only 10% of the bills proposed make their way through, and ever reach the President’s desk….
Assembly Line Olympics of History
– … The chinese would divide up tasks in mass producing metal, armor, weapons, and agricultural products through the concept of “assembly line.” The concept of the assembly line didn’t appear in labor in Europe until manufacturing and the Industrial Revolution was introduced. In order to determine who has the best assembly line-America, England, or China, we must first be able to know what makes an assembly line efficiency. First, what is the definition of efficiency. Efficiency, according to Oxford American Writer’s Thesaurus is defined as the following: ‘efficiency |i?fiSH?nse|noun ( pl….
The Value of the Assembly Line in Automobile Manufacture
– The Value of the Assembly Line in Automobile Manufacture In 1913, an innovation in automobile manufacture was born when Ford Motors experimented with winches and ropes to pull the chassis down a line while the assemblers stood in one place with their parts piles. The old process where workers moved in teams down the line, receiving their car parts from “parts runners” at each chassis as they arrived, was replaced by the automated assembly line, thus radically reducing by about 70 percent the original 17-hour labor input in the traditional moving team system….
Unorganized Workers in India
– The traditional labor organizations were challenged by an unorganized sector workers and despite modernization and advances in their respective labor markets the fish workers and self-employed woman were able to develop their own national organizations (Nayak, 2013). In the article, “Organizing the Unorganized Workers: Lessons from SEWA Experiences” Nalini Nayak (2013) seeks to describe the need for the fish workers and self-employed women to organize for a better livelihood and their communities….