The Value of the Assembly Line in Automobile Manufacture
– The Value of the Assembly Line in Automobile Manufacture In 1913, an innovation in automobile manufacture was born when Ford Motors experimented with winches and ropes to pull the chassis down a line while the assemblers stood in one place with their parts piles. The old process where workers moved in teams down the line, receiving their car parts from “parts runners” at each chassis as they arrived, was replaced by the automated assembly line, thus radically reducing by about 70 percent the original 17-hour labor input in the traditional moving team system….
Worker’s Attitudes Towards Safety in the Construction Field
– Worker’s Attitudes Towards Safety in the Construction Field Safety in the workplace is a rather large and very important topic. In these days of lawsuits, large insurance premiums, and malpractice, people are concerned about safety, if not for the humanitarian reasons, then for the monetary ones, the “bottom line.” That’s what it all comes down to, the ‘mighty’ dollar. In my research I attempted to address a side of safety in the workplace that I feel is often overlooked, namely, the worker’s attitudes towards safety….
Design and Construction of The Titanic
– 11:35 p.m. the deadly iceberg was spotted. Margaret Brown was sitting is her bunk indulged in a book, when she was thrown across the room, off of her bed from the impact of the crash. The engine stopped at once but nothing dangerous had occurred, yet. At 12:00 a.m. there was serious flooding in the crew?s quarters. Many demanded lifesavers and there was much uproar. Putting on layers of clothing along with stuffing money into her pockets, Margaret Brown would be prepared. Margaret headed towards the lifeboats….
Social Construction of Gender
– Social Construction of Gender Today’s society plays a very important role in the construction of gender. Gender is a type of issue that has raised many questions over the years in defining and debating if both male and female are equal. Today gender is constructed in four different ways. The first way gender is defined is by the family in which a child is raised. Second is the society in which a child interacts; makes friends and enemies. The third is our school system and our board of education….
The Art of Drawing and Architecture
– Architects do not simply draw, by inscribing a line on paper they create an idea that transforms a flat surface into a virtual space to be consumed, studied and shaped. To develop this level of phenomenon the architect produces different types of drawings: design, presentation and construction, just to name a select few, which have developed historically over many centuries. Although the architect uses basically the same type of tools and drawing materials that have been standard for hundreds of years, the art of drawing is far from the same….