Managing the Fire Service
– “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin Various organizations fail to plan and which in most cases causes unnecessary stress on the entire organization. In order to be successful an organizations must set organizational controls. Organizational controls assist managers in their daily operations. Furthermore, Fire Chiefs must understand the essentials of organizational control. Jones & George (2011) suggested, “It helps managers obtain superior efficiency, quality, responsiveness to customers, and innovation-the four building blocks of competitive advantage.” (p….
To Build a Fire by Jack London
– “To Build a Fire” written by Jack London can truly be considered as a work of art. With themes anyone can relate to, such as survival and man versus nature, it is a great short story for anyone looking for something to read. Everyone knows a dog is a man’s best friend, but what happens when it is man versus dog. When survival of the fittest kicks in, the fittest truly shows. In “To Build a Fire”, Jack London expresses various elements of literature to really get the reader involved in the story….
Fire Safety in the Home
– Good morning students, As a fireman, I like things to be safe, I like things to be simple, and most of all, I like children to be safe. I am here today to talk to you about electrical hazards and safety measures to avoid getting seriously injured. There is one thing you must always remember, electrical safety always leads to fire safety. You must know that new electrical components are always safer than old worn out ones. Electricity may not look harmful at first glance, although you might be surprised of it’s devastating fire power…. ;
The Great Boston Fire of 1872
– For thousands of years, the world has managed to survive, and even thrive on fires. Time has shown that fires are a major force driving the development of civilizations and of society. As change arose and governments were formed, their primary duty has been to protect its people. Ever since technology has grown enough to allow humans to control fires to some extent, part of a government’s responsibility is to aid in quenching the fire, and thus protecting the people who would otherwise be threatened by it…. ;
How to Evacuate from a Fire
– In a fire there are many environmental factors that can influence the behavior of the occupants within the space. This reaction will determine if other occupants will find themselves in danger or if their choice will put other people at risk. The way an occupant is alerted to the presence of a fire can determine the degree of threat perceived. Once the threat is perceived a course of action will be decided and carried out. In many studies one key element remains a constant in the observation of behavior through a fire modeling program…. ;