Network of People in the Film Industry
– … In this phase, the producer continues to play a significant role by monitoring the budget available. As a result, the producer interacts with every senior personnel to facilitate the sustainable development of the project, which always limits options available for personnel of different phases in achieving their ideals, typical examples are the selection of casts and filming locations. Another dominant character is the director. Since parties of different talents may have contradictory aspirations, the coordination of the team and resolution of conflicts are of utmost importance….
Brazils Current Film Industry
– In this paper I will discuss Brazil and it’s current film industry. I will elucidate its role in the Brazilian economy, and also what part the government deals in the industry itself. Certain Brazilian films will be given as representations towards my theories. Within a year of the Lumiere brother’s ‘first experiment’ in Paris in 1896, the cinematograph machine appeared in Rio de Janeiro. Ten years later, the capital boasted 22 cinema houses and the first Brazilian feature film, The Stranglers by Antonio Leal, had been screened….
American Film Director: Quientin Tarantino
– Quentin Tarantino is considered an American Film director, screenwriter, producer, and actor (Erlewine, Stephan). Tarantino is a man of talent who has contributed to film history with his creativity, knowledge, and motivation. Many people may be familiar with him because of his most recent movie, Django Unchained, which came out in 2012 (“Quentin Tarantino Awards and Nominations”). As a high school dropout, Tarantino has faced many challenges and has worked hard to overcome those challenges, becoming a successful man in the film industry contributing much to the film industry, audiences, and his fans….
The Romantic Notion of a Film Director
– The intention of this essay is to discuss the romantic notion of a film director who has etched their own cinematic vision into the body of their film work, and whether the theory and practice is dead and an infringement of the spectator’s imagination and is it the spectator who finds meaning in the film. I will be closely looking at critical material, primarily Andre Bazin and Roland Barthes and applying them to several case study films directed by Christopher Nolan including The Following (1998), The Prestige (2006) and Inception (2010), to examine whether Nolan possesses the qualities of an auteur and if so, does that imply an ideological view of what the auteur resembles or an artistic o…
A Comparison of Two Film Versions of Romeo and Juliet by Zefferelli and Luhrmann
– A Comparison of Two Film Versions of Romeo and Juliet by Zefferelli and Luhrmann One is by the more authentic director Franco Zefferelli and one is by the more modern money-seeking director Baz Lurmann. The major differences between the two movies Romeo and Juliet who were made by Franco Zefferelli in 1968 and Baz Luhrmann in 1996, are that they were interpreted in different ways because the historical and social context of the two films which may have influenced the two directors to portray their movies the way they did….