The Dark Side of Fast Food
– Do we really know what were putting into our bodies, when we eat fast food. What I intend to find out through research is the truth about fast food. What is fast food really made of. What potential health risks do we face when we eat fast food. Fast food is simply bad for your health and something needs to be done, in order to make it healthy for those who enjoy fast food, because fast food is known to cause health problems. Due to the fact that fast food isn’t natural, has a lot of added ingredients, and it is far from fresh….
Analysis of the Fast Food Industry
– 1. Current state of Fast Food Industry 1.1 Current State of the industry Fast food outlets actually have been existed from millennia in China, India and ancient Europe. In the past, many people cannot afford to have a kitchen and this becomes the main reason they buy their food in fast food outlets (Reverse Your Age, 2013). The perception of fast food started to change in twentieth century. The first company that change the culture and perception of fast food was McDonald’s, followed by their future competitors such as KFC, Burger King, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Subway….
Fast Food is Killing Americans
– America is one of the largest countries in the world, and the population is one of the largest also; but not in numbers, unless those numbers are on a scale and coincide with the amount of excess fat that is on the average American. In asking why Americans are so overweight, the fast food industry is not to blame entirely. Although Americans consume more fast food than any other nation and the mass of the population reflects this fact, no one is forcing anyone to eat fast food. Americans eat so much fast food because they are lazy, hurried, addicted, and financially downtrodden….
Fast Food is Destroying America
– “We provide food that customers love, day after day after day. People just want more of it” (Ray Kroc, Founder of McDonald’s). Coronary Artery Disease is a type of heart disease and the most common cause of heart attacks. Plaque from eating unhealthy foods, builds up in the arteries, the arteries harden and begin to become narrow and can cause chest pain and heart attacks. “Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have a negative effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems.” The environment is affected by the fast food industry because of the amount of pollution and trash they produce on a dail…
The Fast Food Health Scam
– For decades the Fast-food industry has supplied Americans with tasty, comforting food, quickly and at a low cost. It was not until recently, when the health craze first hit America in the late 1980’s that the corporations developed a new approach to marketing health food products to fit their customer’s wants (Nielsen). The most common fast food chains, such as McDonalds and Subway, started advertising “healthier” food items on their menus to continue appealing to the general public. While fast food restaurants give the impression of offering healthy food, nutritionist studies show healthy alternatives are not as nutritious as advertised and can lead to possible calorie underestimation and…