Evolution of the Engineer in Combat
– This paper discusses the various roles of Engineers throughout the history of warfare. Upon reading, you will see the transition from non-combatants that used tools to build and construct fortifications, to full combat soldiers capable of fighting just as well as they could build. The periods covered are: the Roman era, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, World Wars I & II, the Vietnam War, and the Global War on Terrorism (Iraq & Afghanistan). When discussing each period, I focused on newly developed tasks or skills that were necessary for that particular conflict….
Career Paper: Demolition Engineer
– In a garden, the goal is to keep it clean of weeds. If you let the weeds grow, they can quite possibly take over the whole garden. Explosive demolition is the weed puller of buildings. It is key in keeping whole communities up to date. It may be hard to think that using explosives can actually make an area safer, but these professionals do it all of the time. If a building is not structurally sound, there is the chance that it can collapse at any time. This is why explosive demolition is so important because it basically weeds out the buildings that have the potential to harm people….
World War II: The 82nd Engineer Combat Battalion
– … In October, the battalion received orders to have all equipment packed and shipped to Los Angeles, California as their port of embarkation. At the beginning of November all equipment was packed and shipped to Los Angeles. A couple of weeks later, the battalion received a change to their original orders stating that their port of embarkation was nowHampton Roads, Virginia ,and that their staging area was going to be Camp Patrick Henry. The battalion still shipped out to Virginia, while their equipment headed to Los Angeles….
Wernher Von Braun Biography
– Wernher von Braun was one of the world’s first rocket engineers. Born in 1912, he grew up with a dream, to “help turn the wheel of time.” Von Braun did just that by creating the V-2 missile/rocket, the Jupiter-C rocket, and the well-known Saturn V space rocket. Considering these ingenious devices created by Wernher, I, myself, would not hesitate to say that he did indeed “help turn the wheel of time.” On March 23, 1912, Baron Magnus von Braun and Baroness Emmy von Quistorp celebrated the birth of their second son, Wernher von Braun….
Overview of the Career of an Engineer
– Someday in life everyone has to get a job either related to their career or to make their living. Most of the people who get job is related to one’s career. One of the booming career these days in engineering, and among them aerospace engineering is one of the highly paid career and really interesting to work in. In the career of aerospace engineering, engineers usually have to work really hard. In this field, one mostly work on building or designing aircrafts based on the requirement. To be a successful aerospace engineer one needs to gain a lot of education and should be able to work in any environment….