Utopian Australia Exhibition: Curator Request
– … Each message is conveyed through the use of powerful focal points, in this piece the two big kangaroos fighting, by placing them in the center. Their size compared to the rest of the piece, contrasts therefore accentuating their presence, as though they are characters on a stage in front of a backdrop. The piece has a symmetric appeal. This equality is created through the arrangement of the two kangaroos and the background set, which doesn’t unbalance the artwork creating irregularity. Through the continuing use of line within the piece; the kangaroos and their limbs, this creates the rhythm as the lines and limbs point your eyes around the piece….
If I Was a Curator at the United States Holocaust Museum
– The holocaust was a time of misery and sorrow for Jewish people around the world. The Nazi Party Took over Germany and brutally enforced their power on the Jews, eventually killing about six million of them. The United States Memorial Holocaust Museum respectfully encompasses many aspects of the holocaust, paying tribute to all the lives lost that should never be forgotten. That being said, there are some things they could add. If I was a curator at the United States Memorial Holocaust Museum, I would like to see an exhibit on famous Jewish people that did not survive the holocaust….
The Waterhouse Natural History Art Prize, A Commemoration
– The Waterhouse Natural History Art Prize was first launched on 25th August 2002 to commemorate the curator of the museum Fredrick George Waterhouse. The art exhibition allows artists from across Australia and around the globe to capture and embrace the elaborate and complex bio diversity within in our beautiful planet. The atmosphere within the exhibition was quite relaxed and focused solely on the artworks. The lighting was very subtle and the walls were painted in a simple coat of white. All paintings were hung at eye – level so onlookers could really focus their attention on the artwork….
Museum Exhibition Proposal With Punch
– Exhibit Overview and Rationale: The “The Myth And The Reality” exhibition is intended for the visitors who are interested in previous historical, religious, human behaviors, mythological material, nature of animals, and the world we live in. Mythical creatures are created by people’s imaginations, hopes, fears, and most passionate dreams. The exhibition I am designing uses a method of comparison, comparing real animals to mythical creatures. The intent is to arouse the imagination of the visitors in his or her personal journey of discovery, connecting with the real world to mythical creatures….
What It Takes to be a Museum Curator
– Nature of the Work Being a museum curator involves time, dedication, and good management skills. A museum curator is responsible for items in a museum that belong to the museum or are being borrowed. They decide when an object is sold/,lent, exchanged, or bought. Aside from managing objects and displays, curators are also in charge of planning public outreach events and programs, such as lectures or tours at the museum. They are also in charge of arranging workshops and classes, finding and hiring interpreters or translators, collecting and keeping track of important documents, writing articles for websites or newspapers, budget managing and planning, training new staff members, and many o…